+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4
1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Madden 07!!!!

Madden 07!!!!

Okay, we've got the possible flaw thread, but this game deserves its own hype thread. I'm silly hyped about this game and from the looks of it, it could be incredible. I've been playing NCAA for the past 8 years and I'm actually looking forward to a change of pace. It's the 2nd year on the 360 so I'm looking for big improvements and a new online addiction.

Moodini is on a work retreat, so I'll be back to post my review of the game. 20 hours and counting!!!!

rollin through your neighborhood, middle finger up
    9.5/10

nice graphics, nice options, they cleaned some of the annoying stuff up from last year, overall good deal.

Awww, Mood is missing out. I'll be at the Tre house tonight with the fellas gaming it up. Reggie Bush an MVP? We'll find out!
    We had subs. It was crazy.

My first impressions of Madden are terrific. The first day I played NCAA I tried to force some enthusiasm, but I knew it wasn't as expected. After playing Madden last night, I haven't been this excited about a football video game in years.

I honestly do not have complaints about the game right now. I almost went in expecting things to be wrong because NCAA prepared me for that. But, I haven't found any other than a 1/2 second pause when the offense is selecting their play and you are trying to select yours.

I believe the graphics are approaching the Fight Night level. Just flawless. It is really unbelievable how perfect they made each player, especially those very recognizable stars. Last night Jethro reached the endzone with TO and TO planted the ball on the ground, put one foot on it, and flexed for the crowd. I went nuts, looked just like Sunday.

The movement of the players is much improved from NCAA. I can actually juke now and perform a successful spin move. I don't just hit the impact stick and hope the computer performs a necessary move for me like on NCAA. I found a happy medium on the number of big plays as well. Several losses, some solid yardage at time, and the once in a great while big run. It was perfect.

I didn't seem to come acrossed glitch plays yet either. I'm sure there are one or two, but I haven't found them yet. I found several within the first 2 games of NCAA.

If you pop in the game for the first time, select plays designed for specific players when you are on offense. Each player's face is brought up with his own specific plays. This was on NCAA too, but this time around a real life pic of the player is on the screen for each playbook. It looks awesome.

Well, I'll be back after I've played a few more games. Right now, I'm also giving it a 9.5/10. I always leave room for improvement. I'm not a NBA dunk contest judge 50...50....50... haha

^^ all agreed except i havent noticed the 1/2 second pause when selecting a play. my only annoyance is madden himself, i was barely into my second game before i had to turn him off.

Played it, loved it. My only beef is that when I played and went into overtime my feild goal hit the crossbar. I would have enjoyed winning. But the experience was amazing.

By the way, Reggie Bush looks good. TO looks good. The end zone dance Tre mentioned was on the first score. The next time I scored with him he skated in the end zone with his hands behind his back. I also scored on a long TD with some other cat and he stopped at the one, spread his arms and fell into the end zone. Bush did the patented Bush flip in. All tight.

My only real beef isn't very warranted. I'm an X-Box guy and playing 360 a number of the controls were different and it took a while to pick them up and figure them out. I could get used to them, sure, but I don't get why they feel the need to change them with every new game and new system.
    We had subs. It was crazy.

Just kickin' back on the seven seas of smoothness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jethro34
    Played it, loved it. My only beef is that when I played and went into overtime my feild goal hit the crossbar. I would have enjoyed winning. But the experience was amazing.

By the way, Reggie Bush looks good. TO looks good. The end zone dance Tre mentioned was on the first score. The next time I scored with him he skated in the end zone with his hands behind his back. I also scored on a long TD with some other cat and he stopped at the one, spread his arms and fell into the end zone. Bush did the patented Bush flip in. All tight.

My only real beef isn't very warranted. I'm an X-Box guy and playing 360 a number of the controls were different and it took a while to pick them up and figure them out. I could get used to them, sure, but I don't get why they feel the need to change them with every new game and new system.
    I'll tell you what, now that I'm used to the next gen controller scheme, I LOVE it. I can't play the current gen games anymore because I am so used to the new scheme. I didn't think it at first, but it totally makes sense having the speed burst on the R Trigger.

first annoyance: in superstar mode im a QB, but if my receiver drops the ball or fumbles after the catch, or if my RB gets tackled for a loss or fumbles well after i give him the ball, my rep points go down. on the flipside if my RB gains yards i get rep points, but id take the tradeoff of not being responsible for what happens after i get someone the ball because i would be much better off if it were like that.

also do you generally get drafted by your favorite team? i assumed it would be random but the cowboys drafted me in the 3rd round. see ya bledsoe.

Okay, after further review this game is flat out great. Here are some reasons why:

1) Intelligent AI!!!!!!!!!!! Something NCAA has been struggling with for a couple of years. The AI actually runs a decent offense. They make it tough to stop. If the ball goes sailing over a DB's head while he's in a zone he doesn't just sit in his area (ala ncaa), he actually makes a play on the ball.

2) No glitch plays. I've been so sick of seeing the same damn play work over and over and over on NCAA. It is not like that on Madden. Sure, there are plays that are successful frequently, but no guarantees. I love it.

3) Player movement. The running movements are so much better on Madden. I like the juke and spin move.

4) Happy medium on big plays. I think they found a happy medium on the number of big plays. Big plays are possible, yet you don't find them every other down. Very realistic

5) This is probably the thing that caught me by surprise the most- SUPERSTAR MODE!!!!!!! This way of playing the game is unlike anything I've ever done. It is so in depth and so addicting. Sure, as U pointing out above it is weird that you take plus' and minus' for things you can't control, but the rest of it is sick. I could write a novel here about all the great things in Superstar mode. Instead, I'm just going to tell you to play it and experience it for yourself. Revolutionary addition.

^^ totally addicted to superstar mode here.

first true glitch: TO ran a curl route, caught the ball at about the 1 yard line, could have scored, but instead kept running backwards and was tackled at the 50. needless to say, i didnt score on 3rd and goal from the 50 lol

+ Reply to Thread