+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 20
FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Official LOL@Isiah thread

Quote Originally Posted by Glan
    If you get a chance, check out Adrian Wojnarowski's (sp?) twitter page. He posted a bunch of comments about this from front office people around the league. It's hilarious. I think it's on hoopshype too.
    Checked it out - funny stuff.

Wojo is a smart ass, so Aussie's will like his sense of humour.

I think he's the one with an article up on Yahoo about the pending CBA talks. In it he says the NBA sent a copy of the new CBA to the Union and it's basically a photocopy of Stern's middle finger.

I lol'd - I think he actually claims a Western Conference executive told him that!
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

^ thats a pretty good article. Sums things up at this point in his life. But I wouldn't count him out. Dude was tough as nails in actual competition. He hasn't learned how to compete in the NBA afterlife though. Maybe he should start by not fucking up so much.

I do hope him and magic can bury the hatchet at some point. Fuck Bird.
    Players meeting my ASS!

Isiah being a coach/GM for the Clippers would actually work. He wasn't bad as a coach for Indiana, and I'm not sure if anyone could've done what he was asked to do in NY. Give him Blake Griffin to build around, warm weather and a little patience and I'd be surprised if he fucked it up. Too bad it's bullshit.
    k

I'm a homer so I think Isiah gets more crap than he deserves, although he deserves a LOT. But, and all of this is my opinion obviously, I don't think he can be a good GM or coach. He's too ad hoc. He seems like a PG when he coaches and GMs; he reads the circumstances and makes decisions accordingly. That can be an important part of it. But those jobs require long-term vision, long term planning and sacrificing immediate goals every once in a while to continue on your long term path.

In Indiana (a better example of his coaching than NY IMO) he had his players confidence and did an all right job. But he didn't know where he wanted to get to by the playoffs. He played with lineups and tactics too much.

I think he has great knowledge and an eye for talent. And he really wants to do a good job IMO, he doesn't mail it in. But I don't know where he could do that, maybe in a consulting role; one that gives him input but not the final decision.

IN MEMORY OF BIG VINNY 1943 – 1979 “WHEN IN DOUBT KNOCK EM OUT”
    Blog Entries
    He made a string of horrible moves in NY, there's nobody else you can blame for them. Just look at the Larry Brown "era", he brings in LB and then brings in the most un-LB-like group of players anybody could possibly imagine. It made absolutely no sense and could only come from the mind of a madman.

I'm reppin' Jesus Christ and Conservative views....

Quick piece by VINNY which was a logo style of his. VINNY also did two letter throw up's by the name of FI 2.

GO WHITE!

Absolutely. No global vision. If you hire a certain coach it should be to fit a certain style and your long term goal is to get the right players for that style. That's the type of vision that he utterly lacks as GM or coach.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    Larry Brown finally got in his digs at Thomas yesterday, saying he disliked working for him and the former Knicks president never wanted to hire him.

Brown, who coached the Knicks during the 2005-06 season, said in a taping of Michael Kay's "CenterStage" show on YES that he dreads bumping into him.

"I don't have a relationship with him at all," said Brown, 70, who coached the Knicks to a 23-59 record before he was fired. "He gave me a chance. I appreciate that. I wouldn't consider him a friend. I don't look forward to seeing him. But I don't wish him bad."

Brown and Thomas warred during their one season together, but since parting ways, Brown resolutely declined to comment about him.

I didn't like working for him," Brown said yesterday. "People beat him up. I don't want to beat him up. I just didn't enjoy working for him. He thought what he did was right. I'm going to leave it at that."

Brown also said Thomas didn't want to hire him. Sources have suggested Thomas preferred Jackson, who snubbed the Knicks to rejoin the Lakers. Brown also said Michael Jordan, owner of the Bobcats, fired him and tried protecting him by announcing it a mutual decision.

The Post reported last week owner James Dolan no longer trusts Thomas enough to hire him in an official basketball capacity and has assured Knicks president Donnie Walsh of such. Walsh is finalizing a Knicks contract extension, likely for two years.

Brown and Walsh are longtime friends and Brown could be sticking it to Thomas for secretly lobbying for the Knicks presidency.

Brown still maintains a summer home in East Hampton and wants to make a return.

In more sordid remarks about Thomas, newly minted Hall of Famer Dennis Rodman said his former Detroit teammate offered him a roster spot on the Knicks seven years ago but reneged after Rodman made a raunchy appearance on "The View."

"Isiah can kiss my [butt]," Rodman told Howard Stern.

Rodman said when in New York, he appeared on "The View" and claimed for shock value he jokingly said to his overtalkative hosts, "Guess what, I'm gay as hell and just had sex with this guy . . . The next day [the Knicks] tore up that ticket and said we won't need you."
    http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knick...-rss&FEEDNAME=

+ Reply to Thread