+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 20
1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Official LOL@Isiah thread

Blog Entries

Official LOL@Isiah thread

Apparently, 3Mills had a scheduling conflict (and he's not a HOF'er, what a crime!)

I hope Joe is smart enough to not let Zeke hold his HOF plaque or they'll be sweeping pieces off the stage.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2548460

Thomas to present Dumars for Hall enshrinement
    ESPN.com news services

Joe Dumars turned to a friend and former Detroit Pistons backcourt teammate to help enshrine him in the Naismith Basketball Hall of Fame, the Detroit Free Press reported Sunday.

Isiah Thomas will present Dumars when the Pistons president is enshrined on Sept. 8-9 in Springfield, Mass. Only members of the Hall of Fame may present new members; Thomas, who won NBA titles with Dumars in 1989 and 1990, joined the Hall in 2000.

Dumars learned in May he would be part of a enshrinement class including Charles Barkley, Dominique Wilkins, University of Connecticut women's basketball coach Geno Auriemma, former Big East commissioner David Gavitt and Italian National Team coach Sandro Gamba.

But Dumars had other things going on -- the playoffs, the NBA draft, free agency and the summer leagues -- and didn't consider who would present him until recently.

"I didn't really think about it at all until August," he told the newspaper.

Also, no Hall of Fame is complete without Sandro Gamba.
    Last edited by Glenn; 08-14-2006 at 10:25 AM.
    Find a new slant.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    I'd just assumed it would be Chuck Daly, but Isiah will do a fine job of it.

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.

Angry

hey, quit ragging on Zeke. He didn't ask him to handle his trades. just his speech. i like this and i hope i can catch the ceremony. those two were great to watch play together and i still love Zeke the PG. Zeke the GM is an abomination though. Zeke the coach isn't that bad as advertised IMO.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

Blog Entries
    Will there be a kiss?
    Find a new slant.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    Isiah's GM-ing abilities continue to make JD look good.

What's wrong with that?

Blog Entries
    http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/5873026

Despite all the criticism hurled at the New York Knicks and the decision-making of president/coach Isiah Thomas over the years, Detroit Pistons president Joe Dumars last week announced he wanted Thomas to make his induction speech when he enters the Naismith Basketball Hall of Fame.

What this really means: Once again, Dumars is proving to be one of the brightest and classiest guys in sport. There never really was much grumbling when the two were backcourt mates in the 1980's and '90's with the World Champion Pistons. But people were constantly looking for it. Although Thomas was also more outgoing and tended to be politically incorrect at inopportune times, Dumars was always right on the path — cleaning up whatever mess was made.

Incredibly enough, nearly 20 years later, here he is again for his buddy. Thomas, mired in a harassment suit with a former Knicks employee, along with the mess that was the hiring and firing of coach Larry Brown after the Knicks' abysmal 23-59 record last season, he needed support from somebody among the NBA elite. And he got it from Dumars — who continues to grow toward one day being worthy of any job he would like in the NBA, perhaps even commissioner. Some people have to be taught the difference between right and wrong. Dumars instinctively knows the right thing to do every circumstance.
    Okay, I think we could have a little fun with that last sentence, for sure.
    Find a new slant.

It'd be fun to write it in English.
    STEW BEEF!

Barkley, 'Nique... and Dumars?

List the top 50 ballers of all time, Sir Charles is in, and Wilkins might be on the outside edge of that list, but not Joe D. Maybe top 100, but not close to Top 50.

I smell $$$$$$$.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    Apparently, 3Mills had a scheduling conflict (and he's not a HOF'er, what a crime!)
    I'm sure he's in the Romulus hall of fame.
    STEW BEEF!

+ Reply to Thread