+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5
FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Tigers @ Red Sox Aug 14-16

Having Soriano play 2nd base for the Tigers would probably increase our pitchers ERA by about a run.

Also, I don't think the Tigers will call up Raburn. For one, he is on the DL and secondly he isn't on the 40-Man roster. I don't think they will use that roster spot to call him up as they will need it for Maroth is ready to come back.

I would venture to say that we will call up Santiago or maybe even Hannahan.

IN MEMORY OF BIG VINNY 1943 – 1979 “WHEN IN DOUBT KNOCK EM OUT”
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by H1Man
    Having Soriano play 2nd base for the Tigers would probably increase our pitchers ERA by about a run.
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by H1Man
    Also, I don't think the Tigers will call up Raburn. For one, he is on the DL and secondly he isn't on the 40-Man roster. I don't think they will use that roster spot to call him up as they will need it for Maroth is ready to come back.

I would venture to say that we will call up Santiago or maybe even Hannahan.
    I doubt it's raburn too, but fyi we already cleared a spot for maroth at the end of last month. My guess is santiago too.

I'm reppin' Jesus Christ and Conservative views....

Quick piece by VINNY which was a logo style of his. VINNY also did two letter throw up's by the name of FI 2.

GO WHITE!

Don't shoot the messenger just stating what was said on the Boston Post Game they said Brett Boone has been itching to comeback, and may be an option.

I doubt it he retired because of either a natural rapid decline or because he was no longer able to juice plus he wasn't the greatest glove at the end either so it is isn't a great option on any level..

It is going to be even tougher to get anybody via waivers let alone a 2b that is earmarked for us, all our competion will put in a claim. The only other option is going after a ss or 3b and keeping them as an infield insurance. Tony G and Rayburn are both on the DL so, I doubt the minors is the answer either considering those our best minor league infielders. Santiago is the next best option but is a better paper weight than player.

IN MEMORY OF BIG VINNY 1943 – 1979 “WHEN IN DOUBT KNOCK EM OUT”
    Blog Entries
    Along the same lines, Tony womack's out there too. He's playing for the Cubs aaa team, but I'm sure they'd outright him if he had a chance to sign somewhere.

I'm reppin' Jesus Christ and Conservative views....

Quick piece by VINNY which was a logo style of his. VINNY also did two letter throw up's by the name of FI 2.

GO WHITE!

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny
    Along the same lines, Tony womack's out there too. He's playing for the Cubs aaa team, but I'm sure they'd outright him if he had a chance to sign somewhere.
    I like Womack, he is a solid player and he is a true Utility guy, he can play inf or out solid enough. Plus he is another left handed bat.

My fear is as good as fielder Polanco is he was also our most patient hitter, so the only patience left in the lineup is our 3rd rate 1b man who is now hitting .311 with 2hr's and 12 in 14 games not to mention his perfect fielding %.

Dang, that really sucks about Polanco. I wish he would have loafed and let that ball drop. What would you rather have, a win vs. the Red Sox or Polanco for the rest of the season? I'll take the latter.

"The Forcier is strong with this one." - Boda.

damn, that sucks.

i was listening to the radio and they mentioned that the Tigers are real low on the waiver wire, which would all but eliminate them from picking up someone substantial, correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Moodini31
    Dang, that really sucks about Polanco. I wish he would have loafed and let that ball drop. What would you rather have, a win vs. the Red Sox or Polanco for the rest of the season? I'll take the latter.
    Agreed. That was a nice win though.
    STEW BEEF!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt
    damn, that sucks.

i was listening to the radio and they mentioned that the Tigers are real low on the waiver wire, which would all but eliminate them from picking up someone substantial, correct?
    Theorhetically, if another AL team put a high priced player on waivers, we'd have a shot at him if we are the only AL team that puts a claim in.

In other words, it would be pretty easy for the White Sox, Twins, Red Sox, Yankees, etc. to block us by claiming the player themselves.

Probably the best we could do is somebody like Mark Grudzielanek from the Royals or former Tiger Chris Gomez from the O's. In other words, the Infante/Santiago combo is probably better than most outside options.
    Last edited by Glenn; 08-16-2006 at 09:27 AM.
    Find a new slant.

+ Reply to Thread