+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Tigers @ White Sox Aug 11-13

Not really, there have been a ton of come from behind in the late innings this year.

162 games. Everyone goes though stretches like this. Jim Leyland wont let it get too out of hand.

Quote Originally Posted by The Archdiocese
    Quote Originally Posted by b-diddy
    these tigers dont seem mentally tough to me. probably not a surprise, as this franchise has been the worst franchise in sports for 20 years. i hope they figure this out. the white sox talk to the media how they like to play the tigers cuz its easy for them, and right now, theyre right. tomorrow isnt a must win, but its a huge game.
    Yeah, this team is pretty weak mentally.

Whenever their down late in games, they tend to throw in the towel and quit.
    good point. but i still think im kind of right. chicago has owned us this year, and how do we respond to this huge series? friday we get mowed down like a AAA club, and saturday we cant field at all. we'll see what happens today. its pretty likely that we're back in the wildcard race after this stretch. that will show alot about the tiger mentality.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony
    Not really, there have been a ton of come from behind in the late innings this year.

162 games. Everyone goes though stretches like this. Jim Leyland wont let it get too out of hand.

Sarcasm, mang!

I wish the Home Plate Ump would make up his mind on whats a strike and whats not. Inconsistent all day.

Horrible fucking series.

We desperately needed to avoid a sweep and we failed. If it wasn't for the cushion we built the past few weeks, we would be looking at the Wild Card right now instead of being up 5 1/2 games.

And given our upcoming schedule (RedSox, Rangers, WhiteSox, Indians, Yankees and Angels), we could be in real trouble if we don't figure out things and stop this skid ASAP.

Blog Entries
    Pudge is 2-for-26 since he hit the walkoff HR vs. Cleveland.

~Cue the Phil Garner "truth is, we're in a rotten-ass slump" soundbyte.~

Also, the home plate ump from Sunday's game should be shot. He was pathetic.
    Find a new slant.

Guillen should have let Puge go.
    I sware, in one of Casey's ABs, he took the same two exact pitches in the same exact location. One was called a ball the other was called a strike. WTF

I don't really know how much blame you can put on the home plate umpire.

I am not denying that the White Sox pitchers got some favorable calls but they were throwing strikes all day and getting the Tigers to swing at everything, so the ump gave them favorable calls on some close pitches. But Miner, on the other hand, didn't throw strikes and was behind almost every hitter he faced....so he didn't get those same calls on the borderline pitches.

oh I know, I'm not putting the loss on the ump. I'm just saying some consistency would have been nice.

+ Reply to Thread