+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Michigan Media Day

Michigan Media Day

I will be out there tomorrow for 1270...any questions you guys are wondering about other than the obvious Bass and backup QB questions you would like me to ask

Not until reading my Sporting News preview issue did I realize how much the season will ride on Henne's health. According to TSN, the man that would replace Henne if Henne was injured would be a redshirt freshman who ran the practice squad! Wow! That is never the case at Michigan.

Hopefully for Michigan fans Henne will stay on his feet all season and then they'll be fine the following year with big gun Mallet coming in.

Few things from today...

I talked to Henne, Hart, Breaston, D.Harris, Grady, Branch, Ron English, Woodley, Burgess, Jake Long, Mundy and Leon Hall

Just about EVERYONE I TALKED TO lost weight and stressed how much "better" and "in shape" they feel. Jake Long REALLY talked about the difference from this year to last year...I even caught him saying "this year we really bought into the conditioning" then I asked him if last year they didnt really buy into it and he backpeddled and didnt really say much...Jake said this was the best he has ever felt and thinks the OLine is a lot better than last year...faster and stronger.

Ron English used the word "fast and physical" when pushed about his defense. He stayed away from saying and using "aggressive"...He kept saying he knows the talent is there, the coaches just have to get it out of the kids...

I asked Henne about having Bray two years ago and last year having Jason...who was going to fill that void this year...he said right off the bat "nobody" basically saying they plan to really spread the ball around a lot more then in the past...I did find out that Chad ran track in HS and ran a 11.2 in the 100 (faster than 99% of any of you that post on this board) also he had over 600 yards rushing his senior or junior season ( I cant remember) he looks to shake off the "statue" critics...and if you would have been at the spring game you would know that already...

I asked everyone who the player was that most fans dont know about that will really be a added suprise to the team....I kept getting Shawn Crable and Terrence Taylor...so look for them to really impress. Lamaar and Prescott really harped on Crable's importance to the defense...look for him to get involved and really show his impact early...

Ryan Mundy looked good...says everything about the injury is behind him and also went on to say that this is the best group of DB's he has ever been around...Eveyrone is fighting for the starting spots...NOTHING has been filled yet...Leon and him both stated that over and over again...nothing has been said yet about the secondary...other than Leon. But Ryan is really looking forward to the season...didnt say too much...but you could tell he just wanted to get back on the field and play....

Leon didnt say too much...I just asked who was goign to be on the other side of him and he said he didnt know..From what I gathered from talking around...Charles Stewart seems to be the favorite...

Breaston is a lot taller than I thought...but he basically said he wants to prove his worth...look for him to stick in the slot...he said that Adrian will REALLY help this year a lot.

I didnt see Savoy at all...and I didnt get a chance to grab Manningham...

Hart's eyes lit up when I asked him about Carlos Brown...Grady's however did not. Which leads me to believe that Carlos might be taking some snaps away from Grady....Mike went onto say that he WILL stay healthy all year, he worked harded this off season than any other...and really looks forward to seeing carlos under center once in a while...

Grady didnt say too much...just that he wont fumble this year...

AC-I didnt see Mouton at all and nobody even mentioned his name...

Bass was there with a big ass cast on his foot...

David Cone looks like an alien.

umm...anything else you guys want to know...there is a lot more but I am sick of typing...so shoot away...

It's great for Michigan that these great backs want to attend, but I don't understand there thinking. Grady for example. 5 Star back and he knew that Hart was coming off an unreal freshman season. That gives him one possible season as the man. And Carlos Brown is even worse. Why would you attend Michigan if you have two possibly great backs ahead of you? Seems like these guys would chose another major program with more room for carries.

Why did State get a bunch of SG's? (keep in mind that Lucas was also a SG until last season, and you wanted to add Dar to the list)
    Same deal. Michigan will always be know, for better or worse, as 3 yards and a cloud of dust. They know that Bo lingering over the program means establish the run first, ALWAYS. They come to wear the winged helmet and be a part of that. Super strange that while all that is going on, Rivals names Michigan "Quarterback U". But it doesn't matter to these cats. Even with the 3 that are there now, Michigan is in the top 3-5 for a bunch of stunna RB's in the 2007 class, like Robert Hughes and John Clay. (by the way, don't forget about Brandon Minor, Carlos Brown's true freshamn classmate and a 4 star himself. He's overlooked a lot because he's a Grady clone and some think a fullback, but he's not going to be playing fullback and I've heard he was impressive and may not be a redshirt this season).
    We had subs. It was crazy.

That is cool stuff Muhme, even for a **former** U of M fan. What is your role with 1270?

Quote Originally Posted by DrTre11
    It's great for Michigan that these great backs want to attend, but I don't understand there thinking. Grady for example. 5 Star back and he knew that Hart was coming off an unreal freshman season. That gives him one possible season as the man. And Carlos Brown is even worse. Why would you attend Michigan if you have two possibly great backs ahead of you? Seems like these guys would chose another major program with more room for carries.
    I dont really understand it either Tre...MIchigan has been doing that for years!! People want to come...Hell Bass could have been the man at MSU at QB but wanted to come here and play WR and flop in the wind....lol

Quote Originally Posted by SKelly
    That is cool stuff Muhme, even for a **former** U of M fan. What is your role with 1270?
    I do everything there actually. I do a lot of reporting. For example going the Media days, I went to a lot of Piston games and practices last year along with UM/MSU bball games...My first game that I started reporting on was the OSU/UM football game last year so I assume I will be doing more football games this year. Also I engineer whenever they need me. I will go and set up the broadcasts at different remotes when needed.

Cool shit. Sounds like a great job.

Jethro, I didn't say why would Michigan want all these backs. Why the hell wouldn't you want them. I said, why would the backs all want to go there considering the situation.

Your Dar example is my point. Dar looked elsewhere once he saw two wings already commit.

+ Reply to Thread