+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Taymelo suspended one week

Quote Originally Posted by the wrath of diddy
    I thought we left RealGM over this type of shit?

If Taymelo got banned for making stereotypical remarks about how black people do this and white people do that then anyone that has posted anything in relation to Chappelle's show should be banned too.

I was thinking the same thing. I guess we have to get together and create an alternate site to the alternate site of RealGM. Actually RealGM is more inviting than this place at this point.

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    Quote Originally Posted by srt4b

If Taymelo got banned for making stereotypical remarks about how black people do this and white people do that then anyone that has posted anything in relation to Chappelle's show should be banned too.

I was thinking the same thing. I guess we have to get together and create an alternate site to the alternate site of RealGM. Actually RealGM is more inviting than this place at this point.
    no its not. but i see theres gonna be alot of exaggerated complaints in here. it was a bad suspension(actually a really bad one i think), i see nothing wrong with the conversation and i dont think it was intended in the manner it was looked at. but honestly if you think its better at realgm because of this, then by all means go fight pop ups over there. no point in not being at the better place i say.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

So I can insult other races because I'm black? Sweet!

White people suck at sports.

Welcome to Detroit...Oregon. Home to Detroit Lake and nothing else.
    Damn...suspensions are dropping like flies.

I'd better get to my suspension shelter before this gets any worse.

rollin through your neighborhood, middle finger up
    wow what a thread. sorry to taymelo and lets just be detroit fans because thats what we do best.

0/10

Boo. Shameful.

Taymil-come to WRH. Like your brethren wandering the desert after fleeing the Pharoh, we shall be your holyland.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermy
    0/10

Boo. Shameful.

Taymil-come to WRH. Like your brethren wandering the desert after fleeing the Pharoh, we shall be your holyland.
    no don't welcome him in as he is an awful poster

but i do send my condolences as he was banned for the dumbest of reasons. i wonder what he'll do now with all the free time that he has from not being able to write long, boring, unreadable posts

maybe its just my love of conformity and authority speaking here, but i thought taymelo went too far. saying 'black people typically are poor tippers' is one thing (something i may agree with), but i thought he went beyond that.

the mods here make me sleep better at night.

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus Shuttlesworth
    Quote Originally Posted by shanethejuggalo
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermy
    0/10

Boo. Shameful.

no don't welcome him in as he is an awful poster

but i do send my condolences as he was banned for the dumbest of reasons. i wonder what he'll do now with all the free time that he has from not being able to write long, boring, unreadable posts
    LMAO! Shane is now the best poster here.
    and your thought that he is, shows that you arent here much.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

Blog Entries
    This was going to suck no matter which way it was handled. If we did nothing and looked the other way, Taymelo would be getting preferential treatment (in light of recent "watermelon/fried chicken suspensions"). If we took action some of the more ignorant or bored/dramatic members here were going to act out, which is some of what you are seeing now.

So since we were screwed either way, we decided to be consistent and fair based on what had been done before in other cases. Add to that the fact that we believe that a person that is in a position of leadership here (and making decisions to better the site, as well as ruling on the rules violations of others) should be held to a higher standard.

Personally, I left because of 3 main things:

1. Selective enforcement of the rules depending on who you are (Pistons fans treated like shit, Heat/Pacer fans given free reign).

2. Any non-basketball discussion was discouraged.

3. The "PG-rated" atmosphere.

Since #1 mentioned above was the main crux of why many left, not taking action with regards to Tay's comments would have made us more like RGM than giving Tay a week off. We're trying to have as fair and even of a playing field as possible.

I can't figure out how the race issue has to be as big of a probelm here as it is. Here's a good rule of thumb. If you make racial comments and they are negative/derogatory in nature, and someone takes offense to them, then there's going to be trouble. Period. Jokes are one thing, but it's pretty clear when a comment is a joke and when it's just plain ignorance or baiting (not referring specifically to Tay's comments here).

There are plenty of sites on the internet that you can go to to read and share any racially ignorant thoughts/feelings that you may have, but this won't be one of them. It's that simple.

As far as Taymelo goes, I like him about as much as you can like a guy that you only know by chatting about sports over the internet. But it was determined that his comments were counter to what we are trying to do here, so he's sitting out for a week. He's not banned, he's not a pariah, he's just taking his medicine. If I or any other Syndicate member ever does anything that the other forum leaders view to be detrimental to the site, I'll gladly take my week's vacation as well.

Feel free to discuss this here in this thread, as it won't be moved, edited or deleted as it would have been at RGM.
    Last edited by Glenn; 08-07-2006 at 07:45 AM.

+ Reply to Thread