+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7
1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Taymelo suspended one week

Check your PMs

Taymelo suspended one week

Taymelo has been suspended for one week by the rest of The Syndicate for several negative racial stereotypes that he posted in the off topic forum (these have since been moved to The Stands). These comments were ruled to be in violation of our zero tolerance racism policy.

Please be aware that there were several others that made objectionable comments as well and this will not be tolerated going forward abd we will be watching closely for violations.

The limited rules that we have here at WTFDetroit apply to everyone.

Last edited by Artis Gilmore; 08-06-2006 at 11:02 AM.

Well, I'm never "happy" about anybody getting timed-out (except when wbroncos got nailed), so I'd have to say I'm not in full agreement with the decision.

On the other hand, now Taymelo might feel the same way I did with my one weeker.

Tay doesn't understand the big deal about his comments, but what I read into them was a narrow visioned account of "bad tippers", one that suggests "blacks with money" equals "blacks with no class", which isn't true. I know tons of white people who whip that #$%@ tip chart out, even when the service was out of sight fantastic. It's your upbringing, not your color. A buddy of mine, who is Armenian, is flat out the most generous tipper I've ever seen -- and he's not close to rich. It's just the way he is. He understands that side of the equation.

I've also heard of A list actors who tip "peanuts", though they can afford a stable of 10 cars and three multimillion dollar homes. And what's the fucking deal with the "Cristal" comment? Oh, that's right -- it's the favorite champagne of black rappers (except JayZ http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/5056744.stm).

Have fun with your week. I heard the nation of Western Michigan is delightful this time of year. Good place to visit, according to Mxy.

EDIT: On a lighter note, my life has seen many changes over the past month: got laid off, sold my motorcycle to pay for screen printing equipment (doing my own shirts now), and now it seems I'll be selling motorcycles for my day job (can no longer stand the bullshit of client-based graphics... though I'll still do it on a limited basis). But I can sense now that things are turning around -- starting today.
    Last edited by DennyMcLain; 08-06-2006 at 11:31 AM.

You people really need some thicker skin. Really.

He didn't say the "N" word. He didn't say Back to Africa. He didn't say nothing racial. He was discussing a stereotype. He warned people that he was going to discuss a stereotype. He did nothing wrong IMO.

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    i don't know what happened and don't really care enough to find out. But theres something wrong with the communication of the syndicate members if one of them finds themselves somehow slipping past the whatever rules are supposedly in place. It just doesn't look good. Either way this is the offseason and i'm going to kick back and watch the raider game tonight and listen to Madden say "Boom" a bunch of times. I will say that ever since a couple of long time members opened up this issue over nothing, its been getting dragged on way too long. i mean shit, the summer is almost over. fuck thicker skin, lets try more will power people. Enjoy your week everyone and congrats to the tigers. they waited until i disown them to do good. but good for them nevertheless.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

I'm too lazy to check out what he said.

Have a good vacation, Taymelo.

I need a vacation from the net myself because I have finals next week. :P

Worst suspension in the history of the internet. What a fucking joke.

This site has become shit. It used to be by far the best site on the internet. Fuck this site. Untill it cleans up and becomes the way it used to be, I'm not posting.

I thought we left RealGM over this type of shit?

If Taymelo got banned for making stereotypical remarks about how black people do this and white people do that then anyone that has posted anything in relation to Chappelle's show should be banned too.

+ Reply to Thread