+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Stupid question and a bunch of garbage removed from my "AKS MOLA1 SOME SHIT" thread.

Threaded View

I'm Varsity chump. You're J.V.
    Quote Originally Posted by Taymelo
    I didn't say black people are cheap.

I said they don't tip.

I can see how you'd associate the two, but they're not necessarily the same thing.

You may be a real big spender, who buys lobster tail and Crystal, but then does't tip the waiter. In that instance, you would not be cheap. You'd just be a bad tipper.
    Either way it's a stereotype that may be true for some, but not others. No different than saying "Black people love watermelon".

Syndicate Emeritus, Site Co-Founder Taymelo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Varsity
    I didn't say black people are cheap.

I said they don't tip.

I can see how you'd associate the two, but they're not necessarily the same thing.

You may be a real big spender, who buys lobster tail and Crystal, but then does't tip the waiter. In that instance, you would not be cheap. You'd just be a bad tipper.
    Either way it's a stereotype that may be true for some, but not others. No different than saying "Black people love watermelon".
    Agreed.

That's why I prefaced my comments with "stereotype alert".

So what's the point?

Are people suggesting that to stereotype, in any instance whatsoever, is to violate our race policy?

Are you suggesting that my comments deserve some form of reprimand?

If so, please state your case. I'm not angry - just a bit surprised. I thought our race policy was clear, but I'm getting flack not only from more than one person in this thread, but from some Syndicate members as well.

Perhaps this is a good time to delve into the grey areas of the race policy.

My vision of this site is that people won't use race to insult each other, but we won't turn into a total politically correct hell which is no fun, not funny, not interesting, boring, intellectually stifling, and otherwise a big steaming pile of crap.

If my vision is not shared by the rest here, I guess I'm the one with the problem.

BTW: This is our race policy, as written by me.

Quote Originally Posted by The Syndicate
    1. No racial/ethnic insults. We tolerate innocent jokes that are in context. However, we do not tolerate racial/ethnic comments made with malicious intent (the Syndicate will be the judge, jury, and executioners with respect to determining intent);
    If anyone here thinks I violated that rule, please explain.
    Quote Originally Posted by WH Press Sec. Tony Snow
    The President is opposed to (actually testing embryos before simply throwing them out), because the president is opposed to murder.
    Wait. Throwing them out is not murder, but testing them before throwing them out is murder? WTF, George?

+ Reply to Thread