+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4
1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Stupid question and a bunch of garbage removed from my "AKS MOLA1 SOME SHIT" thread.

How can I get better tips from Black People?

Syndicate Emeritus, Site Co-Founder Taymelo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by srt4b
    I'll take this one.

Stereotype alert: If you can't handle them, don't read this:

I used to wait tables.

Unfortunately, its a trick question.

More often than not black people don't tip over 10%, no matter how much money they have, and no matter how good the service is.

I recommend not killing yourself to provide great service. You'll be wasting your time.

Forget about diners of Pakistani descent, as well.

Concentrate on white people. They are skittish about slavery. Kiss their butts, and they'll give you over 20% just so they don't feel like slavedrivers.
    Quote Originally Posted by WH Press Sec. Tony Snow
    The President is opposed to (actually testing embryos before simply throwing them out), because the president is opposed to murder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Taymelo
    Wait. Throwing them out is not murder, but testing them before throwing them out is murder? WTF, George?

I'm Varsity chump. You're J.V.
    Quote Originally Posted by srt4b
    I'll take this one.

Stereotype alert: If you can't handle them, don't read this:

I used to wait tables.

Unfortunately, its a trick question.

More often than not black people don't tip over 10%, no matter how much money they have, and no matter how good the service is.

I recommend not killing yourself to provide great service. You'll be wasting your time.

Forget about diners of Pakistani descent, as well.

Concentrate on white people. They are skittish about slavery. Kiss their butts, and they'll give you over 20% just so they don't feel like slavedrivers.
    I'm kinda mad my race is getting stereotypic "cheap" comments from a jewish guy of ALL people. Anyway, as a black man I always give 15-20%...though I make no promises to people that "don't waste their time".

I didn't say black people are cheap.

I said they don't tip.

I can see how you'd associate the two, but they're not necessarily the same thing.

You may be a real big spender, who buys lobster tail and Crystal, but then does't tip the waiter. In that instance, you would not be cheap. You'd just be a bad tipper.
    The President is opposed to (actually testing embryos before simply throwing them out), because the president is opposed to murder.
    Wait. Throwing them out is not murder, but testing them before throwing them out is murder? WTF, George?

I'm Varsity chump. You're J.V.

I said they don't tip.

I can see how you'd associate the two, but they're not necessarily the same thing.

You may be a real big spender, who buys lobster tail and Crystal, but then does't tip the waiter. In that instance, you would not be cheap. You'd just be a bad tipper.
    Either way it's a stereotype that may be true for some, but not others. No different than saying "Black people love watermelon".

Varsity's right, Tay. I was wondering when someone would say something about your post.

rollin through your neighborhood, middle finger up
    my black friends tip well except for one (lol). but after dating a couple bartenders and waitresses, apparantly thats not the norm. my poli science teacher burned in my head 'any generalization is false' and of course that applies here. but unfortunately a lot of black folk just dont tip well. i hate to say it, but it is true from the workers ive known. i shall now duck, but im just telling what ive heard. for the record, my mom, who has money coming out her ass, is the worst tipper i know. i cant tell you how many times she takes me out to lunch, and i end up leaving a couple extra bucks on the table. anyone can be a bad tipper, even rich white people.
    Last edited by MOLA1; 08-06-2006 at 08:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Varsity

I said they don't tip.

Either way it's a stereotype that may be true for some, but not others. No different than saying "Black people love watermelon".
    Agreed.

That's why I prefaced my comments with "stereotype alert".

So what's the point?

Are people suggesting that to stereotype, in any instance whatsoever, is to violate our race policy?

Are you suggesting that my comments deserve some form of reprimand?

If so, please state your case. I'm not angry - just a bit surprised. I thought our race policy was clear, but I'm getting flack not only from more than one person in this thread, but from some Syndicate members as well.

Perhaps this is a good time to delve into the grey areas of the race policy.

My vision of this site is that people won't use race to insult each other, but we won't turn into a total politically correct hell which is no fun, not funny, not interesting, boring, intellectually stifling, and otherwise a big steaming pile of crap.

If my vision is not shared by the rest here, I guess I'm the one with the problem.

BTW: This is our race policy, as written by me.

Quote Originally Posted by The Syndicate
    1. No racial/ethnic insults. We tolerate innocent jokes that are in context. However, we do not tolerate racial/ethnic comments made with malicious intent (the Syndicate will be the judge, jury, and executioners with respect to determining intent);
    If anyone here thinks I violated that rule, please explain.

Quote Originally Posted by "taymelo
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by The Syndicate
    1. No racial/ethnic insults. We tolerate innocent jokes that are in context. However, we do not tolerate racial/ethnic comments made with malicious intent (the Syndicate will be the judge, jury, and executioners with respect to determining intent);

If anyone here thinks I violated that rule, please explain.
    ........Nah dont feel like it. Please give up your powers and we'll see you in a week.

Well well well....

My vision of this site is that people won't use race to insult each other, but we won't turn into a total politically correct hell which is no fun, not funny, not interesting, boring, intellectually stifling, and otherwise a big steaming pile of crap.
    Then that vision must be one of a kaleidescope, my friend.
    Last edited by DennyMcLain; 08-06-2006 at 10:38 AM.

+ Reply to Thread