+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: NCAAF Preseason rankings

Here's the deal with Notre Dame. How close was the game last year? VERY close. After the first drive, Michigan's D held them in check the rest of the game. You'll take this as whining, but the fact is that if Henne is given credit for a TD on the first sneak (the play before the fumble), Michigan wins that game. Now look at what each team lost vs what they gained, I don't see how Notre Dame has gotten so much better and Michigan so much worse.
    So you're basing it on Michigan choking in big games. I'll give you that. Can't defend it the last few years. But, IMO, that's about the only thing you really can base it on. And even then it should be a pretty close game. One play could decide it.
    We had subs. It was crazy.

Welcome to Detroit...Oregon. Home to Detroit Lake and nothing else.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrTre11
    By the way Unibomber. You know I'm a die hard Spartan, but they did NOT get screwed by any means. Why the hell would anyone vote for them? They haven't given anybody reason to trust them in 6 years.
    I do know...but look at the teams who got votes. The Spartans could probably beat:

Texas A&M 6, Memphis 5, Nevada 3, UTEP 3, Rutgers 2, Northern Illinois 2, Northwestern 2, Oregon State 2, Arizona 2, Brigham Young 2, Colorado 1, Duke 1

I mean, fuck...is 6-5 really too much to ask?

Geezus, PSU must've lost a bunch of talent to drop that far. And UCLA...WTF?? Dorrell's gonna have then in the top 20 in no time.

Oklahoma is not OK. They should have their two losses by mid-season (Oregon, Texas).

I absolutely hate ND, but they've got balls with the schedule they're sporting. If they're undefeated by the time the first BCS appears, they WILL be number one. Texas and OSU on 9/9 will help, but even if they didn't play so soon, neither can boast a stronger first five games. Brady Quinn is going to set himself up as a major Heisman candidate, only to have Chauncey Washington crash the party in the end.

SC will do their thing, and set themselves up for another shot at the title. People don't realize just how good Sanchez is at QB. Dude is probably one of the best all-around athletes in college ball. Fred Davis is going to absolutely rape opponents on inside slants, and Jarrett will clown the DB's on the outs. Washington, done with his problems, will maul the D line. Dude is similar to Lendale, but meaner. The ESPN roster lists him at 6-1 and 205 -- but those are last years numbers! He's now "conservatively" listed at 215 by the USC media guide, and he's fast, not fat. The defense will be a year older (it was a very young defense last year), and they only have to be average, since the O will be putting up numbers similar to last year.

But of course we'll have to hear it from the ABC crew of homers and apologists. James can take his Pig 12 manlove and shove it up his ass, and Taylor creams for ND so much, I'm certain NBC is dropping shitloads of payola into his back pocket. Saunders plays the moderator to reasonable success, but telling these bitches to STFU once in a while would be good for the soul.

Quote Originally Posted by Jethro34
    Here's the deal with Notre Dame. How close was the game last year? VERY close. After the first drive, Michigan's D held them in check the rest of the game. You'll take this as whining, but the fact is that if Henne is given credit for a TD on the first sneak (the play before the fumble), Michigan wins that game. Now look at what each team lost vs what they gained, I don't see how Notre Dame has gotten so much better and Michigan so much worse.
    So you're basing it on Michigan choking in big games. I'll give you that. Can't defend it the last few years. But, IMO, that's about the only thing you really can base it on. And even then it should be a pretty close game. One play could decide it.
    If they did manage to win that game it would be a real quick jump in the rankings. Notre Dame will be at least #2 at that point with Texas and Ohio State beating each other up in week 2.

Hey Wizzle,
    That's my Tiger too. Jethro, I just see Notre Dame getting stronger after a great recruiting class and another year into the Charlie system. Last year when they played Michigan, they didn't have a swagger yet. They didn't know if they were good. Now, they will know that they are good and the mental part of the game is worth more than the physical aspect of the game.

If Carr sticks with the same system and he doesn't open things up, I don't think this one is that close. Notre Dame by 2-3 scores. Carr does have the ability to throw a wrench into this though if he opens things up.

Wizzle changed his Tiger. He's now feeling my Tiger, "the hottest player in the nation", Craaaaaaig Monrooooooooe! You gotta change the pic Wizzle.

And oh yeah, Michigan has a 0% chance to win at ND. We've lost our last 6 road openers and guess what our first road game is this year? It'll be at #2 (at that time) Notre Dame. Big L. Mark it down.

"The Forcier is strong with this one." - Boda.

I was just reading some old threads. Lots of people look bad in this thread.
    We had subs. It was crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Moodini31
    And oh yeah, Michigan has a 0% chance to win at ND. We've lost our last 6 road openers and guess what our first road game is this year? It'll be at #2 (at that time) Notre Dame. Big L. Mark it down.
    I was wrong about several things, I'll admit that. But, look at this Moodini post. I'm sorry to get on your case when we came to a bit of a truce (sp?), but this is bad!!! You posted laughing emoticons after posts of mine that said UM would lose. Look at this! This is as bold as they come hating on your own team. Now all we're hearing is about national championships, heisman trophies, flashes of 97, etc. etc.

Flip Floppin'

Quote Originally Posted by DrTre11
    I was wrong about several things, I'll admit that. But, look at this Moodini post. I'm sorry to get on your case when we came to a bit of a truce (sp?), but this is bad!!! You posted laughing emoticons after posts of mine that said UM would lose. Look at this! This is as bold as they come hating on your own team. Now all we're hearing is about national championships, heisman trophies, flashes of 97, etc. etc.

Flip Floppin'
    LC, Ron English (DC) and Mike DeBord (OC) really changed some things and shocked me. It's a completely different team. I was wrong and glad to be.

"The Forcier is strong with this one." - Boda.

I've been there myself, being wrong about my squad. But you probably shouldn't rip the State guy that picked against UM when you did the same thing.

+ Reply to Thread