+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8
FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Goodbye Fred McLeod

IT'S A RUBBER RIMMER!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by whyt-RHINO
    HEY WERE'S TERRY MILL'S WHEN YOU NEED HIM!
    Excellent point.

Unfortunately, there are only two slots available on the ying/yang and they are both taken.

Are you suggesting that 3Mills replace Tony Delk in the "yang position"?

Maybe we need ying/yang power rankings.
    Find a new slant.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    I assumed that he was snarfed away by Dan Gilbert and his "I want my Cavs to be like the Pistons" aspirations. But he might not even have the job? Was he -pushed- out of the job? Fuck...

Thank fucking God.

Fred was fucking terrible. Not only was his voice annoying, but he fucked up calls/stats/etc. a shitload of times. I found his homerism to be disgusting. I don't need some schmuck telling me that Carlos Delfino and Maurice Evans are the next Jordan and Pippen. Stop shoving bullshit down my throat and call a game down the middle. But unfortunately, I can't find that anywhere.

Freddy won't be missed by me. I hope Cleveland enjoys his blind homerism, awful quotes, annoying voice, poor play-calling, and bad hair job. Good fucking riddance.

I hope Blaha does PBP.

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    blaha is a blind homer too. i remember countless times laimbeer having to correct his old ass on something because he was too busy being homered out.

I apologize for even questioning your memory. But these "calling mo evans and delfino jordan" and " constant stat mishandling" was never happening from what I saw. Though i do remember him being a big time homer with Greg K as his offsetting guy like Laimbeer is for blaha sometimes(though Laimbeer can get a little homer with him sometimes). to each his own though. But i want no part of Blaha on foxsports
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

Quote Originally Posted by UberAlles
    I hate Fred. Bring on Champion. He's a superior play-by-play man. No blatant and annoying homerism, mostly ball.

Syndicate Emeritus, Site Co-Founder Taymelo's Avatar
    Holy Mackerel!
    Quote Originally Posted by WH Press Sec. Tony Snow
    The President is opposed to (actually testing embryos before simply throwing them out), because the president is opposed to murder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Taymelo
    Wait. Throwing them out is not murder, but testing them before throwing them out is murder? WTF, George?

I liked Fred's homerism better when the team was still climbing. Once they were on the top it just seemed arrogant. Plus, if I ever hear "rubber rim" again, it will be too soon. My least favorite FM moment was when he nearly punched Pau Gasol who was simply tourching the Pistons even though Gasol was not excessively celebrating. The dude was letting himself go over the line too often lately IMO.

My favorite FM call was after one of the countless Billups game winners, "Chauncey ... You're crazy!" Just the excitement and his searching for a description in the moment made it stand out to me.
    STEW BEEF!

Quote Originally Posted by Fool
    Just the excitement and his searching for a description in the moment made it stand out to me.
    i was always waiting for McCleod to just blurt out in his excitement, "Chauncey!! I love you and want to carry your children!!"

Blog Entries
    http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...608030373/1051

McLeod to join Cavs

Fred McLeod, the longtime WDIV-TV (Local 4) sportscaster and Pistons play-by-play man, is headed to Cleveland.

The Cavaliers fired TV play-by-play announcer Michael Reghi, their broadcaster for the past 12 years, and replaced him with McLeod. The Cavs bought out the remaining two years of Reghi's contract.

Cleveland owner Dan Gilbert, whose Quicken Loans mortgage loan company sponsors Detroit's games at the Palace, has been remodeling the Cavaliers in the Pistons' image.

McLeod is from Strongsville, Ohio. He worked one season (1979-80) as the play-by-play voice for the Cavs.

McLeod's wife, Beth McLeod, is a traffic reporter for Local 4. Her status will remain unchanged, news director Neil Goldstein said in an e-mail.
    Find a new slant.

+ Reply to Thread