+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8
FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Goodbye Fred McLeod

Blog Entries
    Mixed emotions? This would be cool to see?

Fuck you Fred, you're dead to me.

McLeod ready for Cavs stint

Monday, October 02, 2006

By Roger Brown
    Plain Dealer Columnist

Strongsville native Fred McLeod says mixed emotions were coursing through him last spring as a Detroit Pistons TV announcer, watching the favorite Pistons barely hold off the Cavs in their seven-game Eastern Conference semifinal series.

"The Pistons part of me was saying, 'Whoa, this is not good at all. [The Cavs] have us fighting for our lives,' " McLeod says.

"But the Cleveland kid in me was saying, 'Man, this is really cool to see.' I'd never been in an arena as loud as The Q was during that Game 6. It put goose bumps on my skin."

And McLeod will have plenty of eyes and ears on him, too, in his new role as the Cavs' TV play-by-play voice. The longtime Detroit personality was hired after owner Dan Gilbert dumped longtime team broadcaster Michael Reghi in a controversial move.

"I really don't feel any extra pressure," says McLeod, who briefly called Indians and Cavs games years ago while working as a WJKW Channel 8 sportscaster.

"Michael is a great talent and a good friend of mine, but we both know things like this happen in our business," McLeod says. "What's important now is that I prove to fans that I'm a high-energy [announcer] who knows the games aren't about me. They're about the Cavs. And, hopefully, they're going to be about more great moments like last season."

McLeod will do play-by-play for all 70 Cavs telecasts on cable network FSN Ohio (five of which will be simulcast on WUAB Channel 43). He'll be joined on 40 games by analyst Scott Williams, while Austin Carr will do color on the remaining 30 telecasts.

Can't wait to see him almost fight Tayshaun and yell at Rasheed to stop laughing.
    STEW BEEF!

I saw Fred at The Big House 2 Saturdays ago vs. Wisconsin. I was in the front row of the student section and he walked right in front of me. As he walked by I shouted, "Fred, you're not leaving us are you?" He said, "I had to." Then he said, "I still have this though." And he held up a Pistons bag he was carrying. A bittersweet moment.

"The Forcier is strong with this one." - Boda.

Quote Originally Posted by Moodini31
    Then he said, "I still have this though." And he held up a Pistons bag he was carrying.
    What the fuck is that shit supposed to fucking mean?
    STEW BEEF!

Blog Entries
    Find a new slant.

Quote Originally Posted by Fool
    What the fuck is that shit supposed to fucking mean?
    I have never seen Fool this angered. I suggest you hide, Mood.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

Two years later and the guy still calls them "our" Pistons.

http://www.realcavsfans.com/showthre...049#post235049

I think I know what "that shit is supposed to fucking mean"
    STEW BEEF!

Blog Entries
    If they don't want him, I'll gladly take him back.

Seriously, every time I hear the guy I crack up. Especially during the Cavs-Sixers game. "Justice has been served!"

once upon a time i was falling in love, now i'm fucking falling apart
    Fred is gold. I love Blaha 'til death but listening to Fred a good change up.

His wife's hot too.

-ojay!

Homer Fred/Blaha is the only thing missing from a Pistons championship run.
    Hype?

+ Reply to Thread