+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: WTFDetroit Pick 'em Confidence League

Its fun. I would have won last year, but my first weeks were bad. After that I was only missing one or two games.

I didn't want to sign up right away and scare away the competition. I'll get in this today.

Actually, I wouldn't have won if Gecko hadn't forgot to pick one week.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Blog Entries
    Just to clarify, last year we just picked winners without confidence points, so this year the picks might require a bit more "skill" or at least more thought each week.

If anybody doesn't know what confidence points are, this is probably a good time to ask.

We're up to 9 participants.
    Find a new slant.

what are confidence points?

Blog Entries
    Each week, there will be roughly 14-16 games.

You will be assigning a certain number of points to each of your picks, based on how confident you are in that pick.

For example, the game that you are most confident in would get 16 points assigned to it by you if there are 16 games. If you get that game right, you get 16 points in the standings. The game that you are the least confident in gets 1 point.

Does that make sense?

Edit: Here's the yahoo explanation, I guess I could have saved myself some time and just posted it in the first place.

Confidence Points are used to give a different weight to each game in a given week. You will assign a point value (from 1 to 15 if there are 15 games, 1 to 14 if there are 14 games, etc.) to each game based on how strongly you feel about the accuracy of your selection. If your selection is correct, you will receive points equal to the confidence-point value you associated with that game.

So, if you pick Pittsburgh to beat Dallas and assign the game a confidence point value of 15, you would get 15 points for a correct pick, but no points if Dallas wins. You do not lose points for an incorrect selection.

Each week's points will be tallied, and the player finishing with the highest total at the end of the year will be the winner of the group.

Each confidence point value may be used only once per week. So, during a 15-game week, after you have assigned 15 points to a game, your next highest available value is 14 points.
    Last edited by Glenn; 08-04-2006 at 08:52 AM.
    Find a new slant.

Ok, but can you put the same amount of points for the different games?

No. You must assing one game 1 point, and another game 2 points, and so on. I've played it both ways, so I'm fine with it either way.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

I'm in too.
    "You can't know good unless you know evil. You can't tell the truth unless you've heard a lie." ~ Chuck Mead

im in also. word.

Famous Bill Walton quotes:

"Shaq's arrogance is an insult to people who think."

Bill: "What, Phoenix? Are they still paying you?"
    Jalen: "Yeah, under the table."
    Bill: "Yeah, just like at Michigan."

“Oh my, Kobe is really putting on a show out there. He’s making Ray Allen look like a sixth grader!”

+ Reply to Thread