+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is The "Liberal Media" Turning Anti-Semitic?

Syndicate Emeritus, Site Co-Founder Taymelo's Avatar

Is The "Liberal Media" Turning Anti-Semitic?

Let me preface these comments by pointing out that this thread is for discussion of the media's reaction to this conflict, not a discussion of the rights and wrongs of the conflict itself.

Having said that, after watching this Israel/Hezbollah conflict unfold on various news networks in print, radio, and television, I've noticed an alarming trend - the only news outlet that seems to support Israel or even give it fair reporting is - - - gasp!!! - - - Fox Fucking News.

How is this? How is it that the one station I believe is actually Satan is the only station that will tell you that 500,000 Israelis are living in bomb shelters.

How many of you knew that?

I BET you know that 500,000 lebanese are living in bomb shelters, but how many of you heard on television that 500,000 israelis are, too?

I know, jews aren't as important as other people, but 500,000 is 500,000, ISN'T IT??!?!?!?!?

And how many news reports do you hear about the suffering of old israelis, or israeli children forced to leave their homes?

Of all the pictures you see of the conflict, how many are of lebanese victims, and how many are of jews?

How often do they show you a 9 year old Israeli girl with blood oozing down her face? Its happening there, but you only see bloody lebanese children.

Look at CNN. They have people stationed in Lebanon and Israel. When they do a Lebanese news piece, they show ALLEGED civilian injuries and burnt buildings. When they show the Israeli side, they show Israeli soldiers shooting heavy artillery at Lebanon.

Sure, that's fair and balanced. Show one side only getting hit, and one side only doing the hitting.

Moreover, how is it that the only station I've heard even one person ever suggest that perhaps the alleged civilian to Hezbollah death count is a lie for propaganda purposes, and that many of the alleged civilians are Hezbollah who don't wear uniforms and fire from civilian areas?

How does NO ONE on CNN challenge ANYTHING that radical teenage Hezbollah members tell them on the air? They actually take it as news, and then tell their listeners "it appears this was a civilian building Israel hit". Wait! Didn't you earlier say that they fire from civilian apartment buildings and don't wear uniforms? Yet you take a radical Hezbollah teenager's word that there were no Hezbollah in the building? Mmmmmmmmkay, CNN. That's good stuff!

How is it that CNN and all these allegedly fair, balanced, and intelligent news sources don't even question what is told to them by a terrorist group like Hezbollah, while when they pass along information from Israel, its always like "Israel claims...", as if Israel is always lying to them about EVERYTHING, and always has, while EVERYTHING Hezbollah tells them must be true, because they are so trustworthy?

How is it that daily poll on my internet home page askes the questions "Did Israel intentionally kill 4 UN workers?"

Come on! Are you fucking kidding me? Yeah, they killed them on purpose, and next they are going to assasinate the pope, just to make the tiny part of the world that doesn't yet hate them, hate them.

I swear, if this keeps up, I'm going to be finished with CNN. And the funny thing is, I almost think they only broadcast with this angle to differentiate themselves from Fox News. Its like they don't even believe what they say, but they are upset with blind allegiance to Israel on Fox News, and the fact that Fox News gets good ratings, so they are going the opposite route - trying to corner the market as the voice/apologist for the little guy/terrorist or something.

ARGGGHHH!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by WH Press Sec. Tony Snow
    The President is opposed to (actually testing embryos before simply throwing them out), because the president is opposed to murder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Taymelo
    Wait. Throwing them out is not murder, but testing them before throwing them out is murder? WTF, George?

Quote Originally Posted by CNN - All Anti-Israel, All The Time"
    At least 445 Lebanese have been killed in the fighting that broke out July 12 after Hezbollah kidnapped two Israeli soldiers and killed eight others in a cross-border raid. Most casualties have been civilians, and some estimates range as high as 600 dead.
    "Most casualties have been civilians"

Source?

An 18 year old Hezbollah gunman who swears he will die drinking the blood of Israeli children?

Yet you take it as FACT, CNN?

Quote Originally Posted by CNN
    Thirty-three Israeli soldiers have died in fighting, and Hezbollah rocket attacks on northern Israel have killed 19 civilians, the Israeli army said. The army said Israeli troops have killed about 200 Hezbollah guerrillas, but Hezbollah has reported only 35 losses.
    Funny how they start off by saying that 445-600 people, mostly civilians died, then tell you the EXACT number of Israelis that died, and then state that the Israelis "claim" to have killed 200 Hezbollah, but Hezbollah "reported" only 35 losses.

That's two separate quotes from the same article.

So, why didn't the writer go back to the 445-600 number, subtract 200 from it, and tell us that it was only 200 or so innocent lebanese civilians that died, and the rest were 200 were murderous terrorists?

Why is it that when they bury 87 bodies in a mass grave, they make it seem like ALL 87 were innocent civilians? How do we know it wasn't 80 Hezbollah and 7 innocent civilians who only died because Hezbollah shot rockets from their apartment building?

Its total bullshit. If you watch CNN, you'd think the IDF is a terrorist organization that does nothing but spread propaganda and kill people, and Hezbollah are freedom fighters who only tell the truth, and never get killed by airstrikes. Its like the second the bomb hits, the person who dies automatically gets conferred the status as "innocent civilian".

BULLSHIT!!!
    The President is opposed to (actually testing embryos before simply throwing them out), because the president is opposed to murder.
    Wait. Throwing them out is not murder, but testing them before throwing them out is murder? WTF, George?

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/...ain/index.html

Read that article and tell me that I'm lying when I say CNN treats lebanese casualties as tragedies, and Israeli casualties as an afterthought sentence to throw in at the end of a very long article.

Its like "oh, and by the way, a couple Israelis were hurt, too, but since they have a powerful military, who cares whether the children have arms and legs or not"

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    I BET you know that 500,000 lebanese are living in bomb shelters, but how many of you heard on television that 500,000 israelis are, too?
    Actually, I assumed they were all living in bomb shelters if they had them. The only pictures of bomb shelters I've seen have been Israeli, FWIW, but I haven't exactly been looking.

Of all the pictures you see of the conflict, how many are of lebanese victims, and how many are of jews?
    How many viewers would actually know the difference? I bet the average American thinks all Lebanese look like Klinger (if old enough to have watched M.A.S.H.) and wearing turbans otherwise, while all Israels can be identified by the beanies on their head. The lack of understanding runs deep.

Note that Hezbollah's initial attack were supposedly against soldiers only. The first civilians killed were supposedly in retaliatory strikes by Israel. I think this may color some of the coverage.

The key word is, of course, "supposedly".

Apart from there being shooting and deaths, I don't really "buy" any of the coverage I get. Initially, the AP and other reports said the two Israeli solders captured were in Lebanese territory because Hezbollah said that's where they were. Then it was revised to say that they were in Israeli territory when the Israels said otherwise. Was there any real investigation at the time? No, just the news reflecting "he said, she said"? AFAICT, all the press is really doing is repeating whoever speaks last, and pointing their cameras wherever they can find a good "if it bleeds, it leads" type of story.

The coverage washes over me like a repetitive wave of misery.
    Last edited by Uncle Mxy; 07-29-2006 at 12:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Mxy
    Actually, I assumed they were all living in bomb shelters if they had them. The only pictures of bomb shelters I've seen have been Israeli, FWIW, but I haven't exactly been looking.

How many viewers would actually know the difference? I bet the average American thinks all Lebanese look like Klinger (if old enough to have watched M.A.S.H.) and wearing turbans otherwise, while all Israels can be identified by the beanies on their head. The lack of understanding runs deep.

Note that Hezbollah's initial attack were supposedly against soldiers only. The first civilians killed were supposedly in retaliatory strikes by Israel. I think this may color some of the coverage.

The key word is, of course, "supposedly".

Apart from there being shooting and deaths, I don't really "buy" any of the coverage I get. Initially, the AP and other reports said the two Israeli solders captured were in Lebanese territory because Hezbollah said that's where they were. Then it was revised to say that they were in Israeli territory when the Israels said otherwise. Was there any real investigation at the time? No, just the news reflecting "he said, she said"? AFAICT, all the press is really doing is repeating whoever speaks last, and pointing their cameras wherever they can find a good "if it bleeds, it leads" type of story.

The coverage washes over me like a repetitive wave of misery.
    \

The coverage is truly quite amazing.

Most people (not you) just take the news given to them by television executives, and assume its the most "important" news of the day.

They absolutely vampire news stories - they suck the blood out of them. They ride the crap out of a story they decide is sexy and bloody and full of intrigue, and sells, and cover it to death.

Just look at what's going on right now. We have 24/7 coverage of Israel/Hezbollah, they are whipping jews and arabs up against each other, talking about Syria and Iran joining, World War III, all this crap, and everything they tell you, including the stuff that happened yesterday, is always called "Breaking News".

Meanwhile a only few people per day are actually dying there. Its a limited military operation that in the grand scheme of the entire world, means very little.

And also, meanwhile, in Iraq, which is not even on the news anymore, there are an AVERAGE of 100 people per day dying in horrible atrocities. Of course, you'd never know that 100 people died in Baghdad, because they are too busy covering 12 people dying in Lebanon 24/7.

Is the blood of 12 Lebanese (or 4 jews) worth that much more than 100 Iraqis?

And what's going on in Darfur these days? Did people have the courtesy to stop dying so the news could cover Lebanon 24/7 from both sides of the border, or what?

Something tells me people in Darfur are still dying, there's just no sexy story there for CNN to sell for commercial endorsements.

Is the "Liberal Media turning anti-semitic?"
    No, they are pro arab, hence the coverage on the US wars against Islamic extremists.

+ Reply to Thread