+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Mel Gibson filled with holy "spirits" arrested..

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    1. Many people, apparently like Gutz before this discussion, didn't know where the Mel hate came from, and many thought it was JUST because he made Passion of the Christ. I don't give a shit about Passion. I'm pissed he didn't disavow his father's beliefs about jews. This thread is important, in that it educated people on where the Mel hate actually comes from.
    ummmm i stated the father part too. But nonetheless he doesn't owe you what you're asking for. Its his father and not him. If it were me i wouldnt spill my difference of opinion with my father into the media either. Its a thought process like what you're thinking that helps give tv and media so much power. You seem to think his lack of beefing with his old as dirt pops is a bad message to to people. but anybody trying to get a message out of that is an idiot IMHO. i do apologize for saying so. Either way his father is the town idiot and you hate him for not embarrassing him anymore than he already embarrasses himself saying the silly shit he says.

either way go watch braveheart and you'll feel better about everything in life.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

Syndicate Emeritus, Site Co-Founder Taymelo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CNN
    LOS ANGELES, California (CNN) -- Actor and director Mel Gibson issued a statement on Saturday, apologizing to deputies for his "belligerent behavior" when he was arrested on suspicion of DUI in Malibu the day before.

Gibson said that he has "battled the disease of alcoholism for all of my adult life and profoundly regret my horrific relapse," according to the statement.

Gibson, 50, was pulled over Friday on the scenic Pacific Coast Highway after "deputies were alerted by their radar that his speed was above the posted limit," according to a news release from the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department. (Watch how the arrest casts a different spotlight on Gibson -- 1:28)

When officers approached Gibson they smelled alcohol on his breath, and a Breathalyzer test showed that his blood-alcohol content was 0.12, the sheriff's department release said. The California legal limit is 0.08.

He was taken into custody and later posted $5,000 bond for his release, said sheriff's spokesman Steve Whitmore.

The police did not charge him with driving under the influence because it's the district attorney's duty to decide if the arrest merits charges.

In his statement, Gibson acknowledges that he had been drinking Thursday night and that "I did a number of things that were very wrong and for which I am ashamed. I drove a car when I should not have. ... I feel fortunate that I was apprehended before I caused injury to any other person."

"I acted like a person completely out of control when I was arrested and said things that I do not believe to be true and which are despicable," the statement said. "I am deeply ashamed of everything I said."

He added: "Also, I take this opportunity to apologize to the deputies involved for my belligerent behavior. They have always been there for me in my community and indeed probably saved me from myself. I disgraced myself and my family with my behavior and for that I am truly sorry."

Gibson further said he has long battled alcoholism, and "I apologize for any behavior unbecoming of me in my inebriated state and have already taken necessary steps to ensure my return to health."

Gibson, who acted in the "Lethal Weapon" and "Mad Max" movie series, won an Oscar for directing 1995's Oscar-winning best picture "Braveheart."

He reportedly financed the controversial movie "The Passion of the Christ" (2004), which he also directed, with $25 million of his own money.

The film made $370 million at the domestic box office and ranks No. 10 on the all-time box office list. "The Passion of the Christ" was nominated for three Academy Awards.

Gibson's latest movie, "Apocalypto," set in the Mayan civilization of several centuries ago, is due in December.

CNN's Albert Lewitinn contributed to this report.
    Damn.

I'd love to see a transcript of what he said.

Was it the Ed Belfour "I'll pay you a billion dollars to let me go", or the ever popular "DO you KNOW who I AM???", or was it the "I make more in an hour than you will in your life"?
    Quote Originally Posted by WH Press Sec. Tony Snow
    The President is opposed to (actually testing embryos before simply throwing them out), because the president is opposed to murder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Taymelo
    Wait. Throwing them out is not murder, but testing them before throwing them out is murder? WTF, George?

Again, all jews were looking for was for him to say "I don't agree with my dad on the whole Holocaust not happening and jews being the devil... but overall he's a great father and he raised me quite well."

Something like that would have been great, and Denny, don't you think that's something his handlers would have suggested to him, and perhaps he REFUSED to say? Given what you seem to know about Hollywood, don't you think his handlers wanted him to disavow it?

And a couple more things (apparently in my defense):

1. Many people, apparently like Gutz before this discussion, didn't know where the Mel hate came from, and many thought it was JUST because he made Passion of the Christ. I don't give a shit about Passion. I'm pissed he didn't disavow his father's beliefs about jews. This thread is important, in that it educated people on where the Mel hate actually comes from.

2. JS, you're not the only one that started "this thread". This thread contains two different threads - one you started, and one I started in the Politics/Science/Religion forum. Someone (not me) merged my Gibson thread into this one in OT. So, I knew this could get political, and put it in the right forum, someone moved it, and now its not my fault that political discussion has broken out in the OT forum and into your lap.

3. No hard feelings on my part, and I'm sure not yours either.

Cheers.
    In the end, he's just another fucking actor.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    Mel Gibson was given many different opportunities to simply distance himself from his dad's comments - as opposed to taking sides against his father as a person.

All he had to do was say "I don't agree with my father on this particular issue, but overall he's a good guy" or something.
    That would be taking sides against his father, though. No matter how he answers the "how do you feel about what your dad said" question, he loses:

- He defends his dad, comes across like an idiot
    - He attacks his dad, comes across like an asshole
    - He says nothing, comes across like a cold bitch

FWIW, I have a crazy dad. I definitely have some empathy for the situation.

Stick a fork in him. He's finished in Hollywood - or at least knocked down many a peg on the Hollywood ladder. I don't think its a coincidence that the last two films he's done have been in foreign languages.

He's lucky he made a hundred bazillion gazillion pamillion dollars on Passion, b/c he won't get any more $20 million per film paydays in Hollywood, IMO.
    Dick Donner's directing him in his 7th buddy movie, Sam And George. Their first six buddy movies each took in >$100 million and made money. Somehow, I think there's another big payday in Mel's future.

Mel has too many friends who respect him in important places(richard donner being a big friend and supporter). he won't ever have trouble finding work. and some seem to forget he's doing these foreign films on his own artistic film making reprieve. he definately isnt being forced to.
    ^

Quote Originally Posted by Gutz Gatsu
    ummmm i stated the father part too. But nonetheless he doesn't owe you what you're asking for. Its his father and not him. If it were me i wouldnt spill my difference of opinion with my father into the media either. Its a thought process like what you're thinking that helps give tv and media so much power. You seem to think his lack of beefing with his old as dirt pops is a bad message to to people. but anybody trying to get a message out of that is an idiot IMHO. i do apologize for saying so. Either way his father is the town idiot and you hate him for not embarrassing him anymore than he already embarrasses himself saying the silly shit he says.

either way go watch braveheart and you'll feel better about everything in life.
    Gutz, you're missing my point, entirely.

Its grown obvious to me, by his actions, that he feels the same exact way his father does...

and so FUCK HIM!!!@#!@$!@#
    The President is opposed to (actually testing embryos before simply throwing them out), because the president is opposed to murder.
    Wait. Throwing them out is not murder, but testing them before throwing them out is murder? WTF, George?

Gutz, you're missing my point, entirely.

Its grown obvious to me, by his actions, that he feels the same exact way his father does...

and so FUCK HIM!!!@#!@$!@#
    you never drop one word to prove that theory. Thats your own opinion. dont be surprised if you have trouble selling it. if that was your point then everyone missed it.

Either way i know you have the "if i hate you , i hate you no matter what" gene, so i wont get into this any further. I'll just say that you're entitled to your theory, but i dont see that at all.
    ^

Quote Originally Posted by DennyMcLain
    In the end, he's just another fucking actor.

True enough.

But I look at it this way.

If he was, after a 20 year career, showing his true stripes and/or kinda lost it late in life to become a radical whacko islamist, then he'd be deported in the post 9/11 world.

Instead, he's shown his true stripes and/or kinda lost it late in life to become a radical whacko christian... and he's losing some box office power.

Big deal.

He should count himself as lucky to be an extremist for the religion in power around here.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    He's clearly nuts. He didn't marry someone who subscribes to his faith and thinks his wife may be going to hell as a consequence. You don't need to know anything in particular about his father to conclude there's fucked-up stuff about him.

-but-

Mel Gibson's not pushing his beliefs on me. His particular beliefs aren't an imposition on the world the same way, say, Scientology is. He's not a total pod-person tool, either. He opposed to the war on Iraq from the get-go, in contrast to most folks with his beliefs.

He's got problems right now, he's being contrite, and hopefully he'll go on and be in more decent movies, because that's how best to appreciate him.

Mel Gibson, STILL better than Ann Coulter.

Mel Gibson, STILL better than Stephen Baldwin.

Mel Gibson, STILL better than Anna Nicole Smith.

Mel Gibson and Tom Cruise... DRAW.

He's got a long way to go to be Numero Uno Kingpin Nutbag.

+ Reply to Thread