View Poll Results: Who will have more wins this season?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lions

14 63.64%
  • Raiders

6 27.27%
  • they'll have the same

2 9.09%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: More wins this year, Lions or Raiders?

Let me clarify one thing about my Lions fandom.

If they aren't going to make the playoffs, I would rather they didn't win a single game.
    Why? Because what's the point of mediocrity? We did that during the Wayne Fontes Era and sure, games were interesting but I chalk that up to the special experience of watching Barry run 43 yards side to side, making 9 people miss, with 3 of them missing twice, and gaining 6 yards on what should have been a two yard loss.
    I want my team drafting high to get great talent. Millen has screwed the crap out of that theory, but even a blind squirrel, you know? Twice the Lions screwed themselves last year out of anyone other than Ernie Sims, and for what?
    So, since I don't expect the Lions to be a playoff team this year I hope I'm wrong and they win fewer games than the Raiders so they can draft someone that will have a better chance of making a difference. Who? No freaking clue because we signed 15 mediocre grunts at each position this off-season and I still have to sort out who has guaranteed deals. As long as it isn't Dwayne Jarrett or anyone with a legal pad full of injuries, discipline issues, arrests and/or excessive cravings for a dozen cheeseburgers I'm fine.
    We had subs. It was crazy.

Blog Entries
    I'm guessing that if the Lions get anything less than 6 wins this year you won't have to worry about Millen screwing up another draft.

Then again, he might just have another 2,312 lives left, so nevermind.
    Find a new slant.

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    thats a horrible mentality. type of culture that kept me away from the lions as a child. Raiders motto is commitment to excellence. win as many games as possible and gamble on trying to win ever year hit and miss. no more than a two year development process allowed. i like it that way. I know 9 out of ten years my team is trying to compete right away. its hit and miss but better than a team trying to allocate draft picks. Especially when they draft like the lions do.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

Gutz... it's who we are. Lions fans don't understand what winning feels like. Every year, the Lions have a better chance of winning the April Superbowl (aka the Draft) than the February Superbowl (aka the unreachable destination). So, as a Lions fan, the one thing we look forward to each year is how we will screw up our first round draft pick.

Give us some credit though. We like to suffer. We'll sell out every game despite the fact the Lions haven't won in 50 years. That's love. Unlike say, Arizona, who struggles to get 20 fans to a game.

Oh Raiders will win more games this year. I will not be fooled by the Lions again.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermy
    Lions 5-11, Raiders 7-9.
    The "Fire Millen" movement won't take long to re-energize itself if that is the case. Man, that would be really ugly (and possibly fun).
    Find a new slant.

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermy
    Lions 5-11, Raiders 7-9.
    thats pretty fair.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

We just don't have playmakers. Like the NBA, the NFL is a league in the midst of rules changes designed to open the game up and allow for big chunks of yardage. Other than Dre Bly and Baby we don't have anyone who stays on the field and fits into that kind of system.

Syndicate Emeritus, Site Co-Founder Taymelo's Avatar
    Best Case Scenario: 7-9
    Worst Case Scenario: 5-11

Prediction: 6-10
    Quote Originally Posted by WH Press Sec. Tony Snow
    The President is opposed to (actually testing embryos before simply throwing them out), because the president is opposed to murder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Taymelo
    Wait. Throwing them out is not murder, but testing them before throwing them out is murder? WTF, George?

Raiders 9-7 No playoffs
    Lions 7-9 No playoffs

Saints (with Bush) 12-4 Super Bowl Champions
    Saints (w/o Bush) 0-16 Natural Disaster Fund Candidate

Seriously, if Palmer is healthy, the Bengals make it to the dance after beating the Chargers in the AFC title game.

Where they'll play the Falcons.

Ratings buster!!!

+ Reply to Thread