+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Marvel's Civil war series.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    Yeah, I agree... there's entertainment to Civil War. Especially if you're into "who's more of a badass, superhero X or superhero Y", it's definitely worth it.

Personally, though, I just don't get too caught up into "big events" spanning an entire comic book line. Even at their best, I'd end up having to buy lots of stuff just to understand what's going on in the 1-2 comics I may care about. Then I have to hope that my favorite set of characters isn't fucked up, in the wake of the big event (and usually, half of what happens in big events has to get taken back). Big events are the distinction between "stuff I purchase" and "stuff I borrow", for the most part.

And yes, the Joss Whedon Astonishing X-Men run is pretty good, if you're big into X-Men angst. My favorite Whedon comic, though, was Fray.
    Last edited by Uncle Mxy; 07-28-2006 at 09:09 AM.

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    Well Mxy with technology now, you only buy the main chapaters and download the connecting comics you're not into buying. buying the amazing spiderman crossover=cool. buying the she hulk crossover=i'll just download it.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    Actually, if She-Hulk could retain a decent artist, it'd be outstanding. Dan Slott, the dude who writes She-Hulk, is funny as hell, and She-Hulk is the comic book version of Boston Legal. Still, if you're more into Spidey than She-Hulk, check out "I'm With Stupid", about his friendship with the Human Torch over the years. Great stuff, and it's sold in digest format.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/078...552024?ie=UTF8

i will. though i never consistently bought spiderman ever since Mcfarlane left. he was by far my favorite spiderman artist.

they even collaged the mcfarlane era into graphic novels digests.

http://www.hillcity-comics.com/graph..._novel1856.htm
    Last edited by Black Dynamite; 07-28-2006 at 11:07 AM.
    ^

I have this badboy in the garage along with 299.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermy

I have this badboy in the garage along with 299.
    the black suit pre-venom era. was a good time.

my cousin has this locked up somewhere. one of my favorites before the web of spiderman series went downhill.
    Click the image to view the full version
    The image above has been resized. Click on it to see the full version.

i myself have spawn 1-50 bagged up.
    ^

That was the first appearance of Venom Gutz (in addition to the first McFarlane Spidy). He's in one panel at the very end, just Eddie's arm turning black. Thats the black suit he has Silver Sable make for him (If memory serves 10-15 years back).

edit: I have that WOSM #1 also. I have every appearance of Venom or the costume including crossovers besides #300 until he got his own spin-off.

I know it was the first appearence of venom. Thats why i liked seeing the spiderman preview have the bell tower part from it. It was really well written too. A really dark start to the Web of spiderman series. The series was tight for the first 50-70 parts, then slowly fell off.
    ^

Quote Originally Posted by Hermy
    That was the first appearance of Venom Gutz (in addition to the first McFarlane Spidy). He's in one panel at the very end, just Eddie's arm turning black. Thats the black suit he has Silver Sable make for him (If memory serves 10-15 years back).

edit: I have that WOSM #1 also. I have every appearance of Venom or the costume including crossovers besides #300 until he got his own spin-off.
    I take it you'll be first in line to get a glimpse of Spider Man 3 then next summer.
    ^

I say I will, but I never end up seeing movies. My wife makes me go to one a year, last I saw on my own was Anchorman.

+ Reply to Thread