+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7
FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Big Ten 2006

Quote Originally Posted by DrTre11
    SKelly, I think you made the right choice.

Jethro rips State's party atmosphere. I think that's funny because anybody that goes to MSU or has been there knows that it is a hype college campus filled with ridiculously hot girls all over. Lets take a look at the alternative in Ann Arbor. 90% of their students just came over from another country and most of them will not stay here. 1/2 of their students spend their time in coffee shops discussing where to put their next rainbow sticker on their car.

Think I'm full of it? I've had currently enrolled UM students state these things to me themselves.

I also think it's funny when UM fans rip people for being State fans because they got accepted there. Newsflash: You wouldn't have gotten accepted into UM either! MSU students are just like us. They are generally 3.0-3.5 gpa hs students from middle to upper class homes. Sure they accept more and they might even accept a 2.8 student here and there. That is because they are one of the 10 biggest universities in the country! They have more room for more students.

Now to athletics, actually I should say Football and Basketball since that's what we talk about.

Moodini, if MSU is one of the biggest jokes in the NCAA when it comes to football. They are far surpassed by UM's clown bball program.

Skelly, MSU and UM are virtually identical in terms of bball/fbball. Both have one amazing program and both have one joke program. So, if I'm making the college choice, I'll watch my sports around hot girls and normal dudes just like me, not foreign dudes that are reaching for my balls.

You make the call.
    One of my boys got accepted to State and had a 2.7 GPA and a 16 on his ACT. Sad.

"The Forcier is strong with this one." - Boda.

Michigan OC Mike DeBord promises dramatic changes

New Michigan offensive coordinator Mike DeBord met with the media today and has promised that the Michigan offense will be vastly different under his control. I was floored when I heard his comments. Check this out.

"I'm not really going to say where we went and who we studied, all that, because I think that as a unit, we're saying we're not going to let what we're doing different out until the first opponent," he said. "After the first opponent, obviously, people will notice the change. But we've made changes. We've brought people in to talk to us about it, we went out and studied other people. I'm looking forward to those changes this fall."

Some of the subtle changes haven't been all that noticeable in the past. DeBord said that shouldn't be the case in 2006.

"Some are dramatic, scheme-wise," he insisted. "We're going to play football the way we know how to win … that's by running the football, play action, putting the ball down the field in the drop back game. We're not going to change that part of it. But the scheme part of it, I think, will be a big change."

WOW. I've heard coaches promise changes before at Michigan, and nothing happened, but this sounds legit. Did DeBord go and meet with Mike Martz? I doubt it, but I really can't wait to see that first game against Vandy.

Only the hard and strong may call themselves Spartans. Only the hard… Only the strong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moodini31
    One of my boys got accepted to State and had a 2.7 GPA and a 16 on his ACT. Sad.
    Yeah, really sad that your buddy has a chance to attend a quality institution of higher learning.

Every University makes exceptions each year on a applicant to applicant basis.

Funny shit. I don't want to lead this thread off-topic again but I have to mention this. I've been joking about the Asian population at U of M for a while now. I get a call from my roommate at MSU today, he's Indian, I could barely understand him. Seemed like a nice guy though.

Moodini wrote: "One of my boys got accepted to State and had a 2.7 GPA and a 16 on his ACT. Sad."

Moodini, are you telling us that you could have went to Michigan? Do you go to Michigan? If you couldn't have went there yourself, why are you ripping MSU academics? Do you think MSU grads have any trouble getting great jobs? I don't get your posts or why you even care about their academics considering you didn't go to either school.

MSU is the 6th largest University in the nation. For every 2.9 there is a 4.0 attending. Just much greater diversity.

For the record, I talked to a current UM student yesterday at the mall. I spoke with her in the past and gave her crap about UM's interesting student body. This was her exact quote, "I'm not gonna lie (laugh). The majority of the people in my classes are not from here and there are a ton of (you fill in the blank) people everywhere. I actually saw two guys holding hands yesterday on my way to class."

What's wrong with having a 2.6-2.9 GPA? And since when does a freaking GPA determine someones intelligence?

WACK

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Archdiocese
    What's wrong with having a 2.6-2.9 GPA? And since when does a freaking GPA determine someones intelligence?
    Actually just your aptitude for learning and applying. Which is what they really care about if you're not an athlete or status quo.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

Michigan is coming off a disappointing season, has 2 team captains from the state of Michigan (Jake Long, LaMarr Woodley), and is ranked #14 in the pre-season poll.

Does anyone remember the last time that happened? 1997.

Good luck with that. haha

Quote Originally Posted by DrTre11
    Good luck with that. haha
    I just watched my recording of College Gameday from Saturday. Corso had Michigan at #2 and Herbstreit had them at #3. Suhweeeet!

I gotta tell everyone this. Earlier, after Michigan named their captains I told Tre and another one of our boys about how the last time Michigan came of an Alamo Bowl loss, had 2 captains from the state of Michigan, and were ranked #14 in the preseason poll we won the National Championship in 1997. I thought that it was pretty tight that it is the exact same scenario this year. After I said that Tre said "If Michigan wins the National Championship this year, I will take a dump on my living room floor and eat it." I'm not saying it's going to happen. But Tre may have some poopin' to do.

+ Reply to Thread