+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4
1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Pistons Sign Blalock To Multiyear Contract

Pistons Sign Blalock To Multiyear Contract

<sigh>

That makes how many guards on the roster?

6? 7?

Blog Entries
    bye bye Acker

They have effectively chosen Blalock over Acker it would appear, unless they send Blalock directly to the NBDL for the season and re-sign Acker for the parent club, I suppose that's still possible.

http://www.nba.com/pistons/news/blal...ed_060724.html

Pistons Sign Second Round Pick Will Blalock

AUBURN HILLS, Mich. - Detroit Pistons President of Basketball Operations Joe Dumars announced today that the club has signed second round pick Will Blalock to a multi-year contract. Per team policy, terms of the contract were not disclosed.

“We are pleased to announce the signing of our second round pick Will Blalock,” said Dumars. “Will had a good showing at the Vegas summer league and we are excited about his potential and ability to give us depth at the point guard position.”

Blalock averaged 15.4 points and 6.1 assists (10th nationally in assists) in 30 games last season at Iowa State, earning Third Team All-Big 12 by the league’s coaches and The Associated Press. An early-entry candidate for the NBA Draft, Blalock scored 20 or more points nine times and recorded three games of double-figure assists.

The Boston, MA native started 82 of his 93 collegiate games, including every game as a sophomore and junior. Among Iowa State’s all-time leaders, Blalock finished his career ranked 22nd in scoring (1,078 points), sixth in assists (464) and tied for sixth in steals (177).

In five games for Detroit at the Toshiba Vegas Summer League last week, Blalock averaged 5.2 points, 1.8 rebounds and 3.4 assists in 21.8 minutes per game.
    Last edited by Glenn; 07-24-2006 at 03:57 PM.
    Find a new slant.

Gordon, Villa, RIP,Stuckey-who needs defense anyway?
    horray, our new Horace Jenkins got a 2year deal -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Asberry
    horray, our new Horace Jenkins got a 2year deal -.-

It's not THAT bad. Wasn't Horace Jenkins about 94 years old when we signed him?

usually, i'd say this board has a tendency to over emphasize the non-rotation players on our roster. but acker seems to fit the mold of us letting talent slip off the bottom of our bench.

I have to admit that I haven't seen that much of SL and box scores can be decieving but how can Joe justify moving on without Acker? I mean SL is about individual development much like the NBDL.

I think a lot of our peril is do to the fact that Joe has made the wrong cut in the past few seasons. I am not saying we lost a dominate player with cuts but I do think it hurt team morale.
    Last edited by JS; 07-24-2006 at 04:19 PM.

Blog Entries
    Maybe we'll S&T Acker?

lol
    Find a new slant.

What's on our roster that's holding us back from keeping both of them?

C - Nazr, Davis
    PF - Sheed, McDyess, Maxiell
    SF - Tay, Delfino, SuperDup, Johnson
    SG - Rip, Murray, Acker
    PG - Billups, Hunter, Blaylock

That's 15, and as far as I know, that's how many we can keep.

yeah you guys- who said we won't be able to keep them both, IF we want to?

blalock IMO has better nba potential. for those who didn't see him, acker played OK in summer league and did put up some points.

but watching him, he treated the ball like a hot potato and was basically just jacking shots up there. he did not shoot a high percentage, even when taking open shots.

i like his potential OK but i don't really know how he'll do against nba defenders. blalock on the other hand has the handle to really shake people and the skills to translate over to the nba game, once he becomes more assertive and improves his jumper also.

anyway, we can still keep them both if we so choose.

but IMO blalock is the one with the better potential anyway. i'm happy we locked him up, even if he starts off in the nbdl.

+ Reply to Thread