+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Problem hooking up xBox live with my 360

Problem hooking up xBox live with my 360

Just got my 360 up and rolling...and I am having one HELL OF A TIME getting my xbox live shit set up. I spent all day friday on the phone with xbox and belkin (my router company) and i have basically tried everything to get this damn thing going. I have a wireless connection without the option to try a "wired" connection. I have tried changing my DMZ, I have tried setting up virtual servers...nothing has worked.

The router is a good ass router ($100 router) and is NOT on the list of not compatible routers...it is one of the best routers out, yet it wont work..

I hear there is a way that you can use your computer as an access point some how? Basically use my CPU to get the signal and some how SHARE the connection to my xbox?

If any of you guys have any suggestions please help me out...

Just kickin' back on the seven seas of smoothness.
    Quote Originally Posted by theMUHMEshow
    Just got my 360 up and rolling...and I am having one HELL OF A TIME getting my xbox live shit set up. I spent all day friday on the phone with xbox and belkin (my router company) and i have basically tried everything to get this damn thing going. I have a wireless connection without the option to try a "wired" connection. I have tried changing my DMZ, I have tried setting up virtual servers...nothing has worked.

The router is a good ass router ($100 router) and is NOT on the list of not compatible routers...it is one of the best routers out, yet it wont work..

I hear there is a way that you can use your computer as an access point some how? Basically use my CPU to get the signal and some how SHARE the connection to my xbox?

If any of you guys have any suggestions please help me out...

Well, there is one option you can try, but it's going to cost you a bit more cash.

You can get yourself a Linksys Wireless Game adaptor, but it costs $80...

Linksys Game Adaptor

That could help because when you hook your 360 up to that adaptor, it sees the connection as a wired connection rather than a wireless connection. So, as long as that wireless card sees the Belkin router, you should be in good shape. I actually own one of these adaptors, I bought it for my XBOX, and it works pretty damn good. I still use it on my 360 when I'm not playing anyone online because my wireless in my house has been totally blowing goats for the last 6 months, but it worked great when my wireless didn't suck in my house.

That might be your only hope.

Did you buy the XBOX wireless adaptor or something?

edit:

I forgot to say congrats on the 360 purchase, Muhme. I really enjoy the system and find myself having a hard time playing my regular XBOX anymore. Even if the current gen football games are going to be better than the ones on the 360. The basketball games are outstanding for it, though.

Any luck, Muhme?

Quote Originally Posted by bangpow
    Any luck, Muhme?
    My internet is out at my house...I am having all kinds of hell this week.

Basically here is my issue...Bang, Tell me what my options are.

I dont have actual intenet at my house. I have my neighbors connection which comes in my house at 54 mps and its FULL strength. I have never had ONE problem using it and he KNOWS I use it and its no biggie. However, now I am having the aforementioned problems and it is driving me fucking nuts...

So what I did was dive into his router online and started messing with shit...changed the router to an "access point" thinking that would work if I matched that IP with my Xbox's IP. I was not aware that it would take everyother CPU down off the network...well that didnt work and that trashed everybodys internet offf that router...

Next problem...my neighbor is in COLORADO for the past 4 days and wont come back until next tuesday...So I am w/o internet and cannot really try anything....

What I was GOING TO ATTEMPT is this...I hear that I could take my laptop and send the connection from it to my 360? Not sure if and how that would work but that was going to be my next attempt.

I am just frustrated as all hell as you can imagine...I have GWAR and NCAA and tons of days off until school starts back off...

Damn, man. I gotta be honest, I am not the most well versed in networking. In fact, I totally hate it and I stress myself out over it.

As far as using your computer as an access point, it won't do you any good if you knocked all the computers off the network. But if it did work, I don't know how to do that. I have never tried to do it before.

However, does your neighbor have his network secured or is it just wide open and you access it that way?

If it's wide open, you could probably reset the router back to the default settings and try connecting again.

Damn, man. I gotta be honest, I am not the most well versed in networking. In fact, I totally hate it and I stress myself out over it.

As far as using your computer as an access point, it won't do you any good if you knocked all the computers off the network. But if it did work, I don't know how to do that. I have never tried to do it before.

However, does your neighbor have his network secured or is it just wide open and you access it that way?

If it's wide open, you could probably reset the router back to the default settings and try connecting again.

He does have it wide open...but I have no idea to get back into it? The settings are not set up for remote access

He does have it wide open...but I have no idea to get back into it? The settings are not set up for remote access
    How did you tool around with the settings before? Are you able to do it again?

Or did you knock yourself out of being able to get into the settings?

How did you tool around with the settings before? Are you able to do it again?

Or did you knock yourself out of being able to get into the settings?

I dont know how to get back into mess with them...I do not have access on his network any more..it just says something to the effect of "limited or no connectivity" so I cannot get into the router settings to reset it ya know?

That sucks, man. I hate to say it, but I got nothin'.

what kind of wireless card to you have for your X360?

+ Reply to Thread