+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: redo the offseason!

redo the offseason!

rules: ben has just told you he's signing with chicago, and wont do a S&T. you havent signed lindsey yet.

thats about it. every move must be realistic. bonus points for positioning us to keep chauncy without going over the tax.

we have 47 million on the books. the salary cap is 53. the tax is 65 (?). we have the MLE (5.25) the BAE (1.7) and a TE (1.5).

a good, but not 100% accurate site for salaries is: http://www.hoopshype.com/salaries.htm
    Last edited by b-diddy; 07-16-2006 at 01:39 PM.

Sell the team to Brooklyn.

Wouldn't make a move. It's not like we're going to the finals with this roster. I would see this as the perfect opportunity to develop the bench, while still winning 50+ games. We no longer have to "win now", So, I'm either starting Dice, or Mad Max, With Dale Davis behind them / Amir.

Delfino would be primary backup for rip, while acker would be primary backup for billups until I seen reason to do otherwise. Hell, who knows, one of those guys off the bench could be that piece to put us back on the map.

Call me crazy. I'll call you and tell you I don't give a fuck.

Innovative Music Production.

LMMFAO - I think I've done this twice already.

I'll let someone else do it before I post both options.

You might want to post the salaries and the cap holds of the players though, so people can actually see for themselves how much cap room we could have created or how close to the tax we were/are
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

i would do pharaoh's plan and trade davis to charlotte for a 3.5 TE.

i would then wave all exceptions, giving us ~9 million in cap space.

my FA targets would be harrington (6 million) and banks (3). or some variation of the two, im sure we could get both.

i would then trade mcdyess to LA for chris kaman and a ~2 mil trade exception. (we'd include a pick too, not sure which, but i'd make it happen regardless).

with the trade exception, we outbid San An and get jackie butler (we throw in minny's second rounder to get zeke to do this). we could then sign lindsey to the vet min (all he was getting anyway. plus phx was a bluff, imo).

my roster:

kaman/butler
    sheed/harrington
    tay/ platoon
    rip/delfino
    chauncy/banks/hunter

not only do i think its realistic, i think its a contender. too bad we'd be royally fucked next year when we had to pay kaman and chauncy. (no bonus points for me).

ps: i think harrington is going to be the steal of the summer. he's a 10 mill guy who'll be paid the MLE.

Fire Joe, hire K-Stat.

New lineup-

PG-Tay/Fino
    SG-Chauncy/Acker
    SF-Amir/Max
    PF-Rip/MLE spent on random 2 guard
    C-Sheed/Bruce Bowen

Tay plays the position he plays anyway, Bowen scores 18-22 off the bench raining 3s while he shuts down opponents big men. Young guys have a chance, and we're ready for the new NBA!!!

I'd trade Davidson to Dallas for Mark Cuban.

b-diddy did a pretty good job.

The only deal that I think is suspect is the Clippers (Why? Cause it's the Clippers and you never know WTF is going on there). Everything else is do-able.

LMAO@Hermy's plan - I just finished reading Kstat's post about Bowen raining jumpers for team USA!

And if we could do WOD's off-season plan we'd be set. Didn't Cuban once say he'd pay big time if he was our owner?

I think I saw that somewhere.
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

two other guys who have been under the radar so far are darius songalia and trevor ariza.

i would have given them a chance, too.

as far as kaman goes, i read somewhere donald sterling is pulling a penny pincher and wants to trade him before he has to pay him. i'd think dyess's expiring and a pick would do it.

Quote Originally Posted by b-diddy
    two other guys who have been under the radar so far are darius songalia and trevor ariza.

i would have given them a chance, too.

as far as kaman goes, i read somewhere donald sterling is pulling a penny pincher and wants to trade him before he has to pay him. i'd think dyess's expiring and a pick would do it.
    That's what I've ready too.

I hope like hell we could do it.

Mark Dantonio - MSU Head Coach

http://www.freerice.com

+ Reply to Thread