View Poll Results: Are the 06-07 Pistons Contenders or Pretenders?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Contenders. They have a decent chance to win it all.

10 40.00%
  • Pretenders. They probably won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs.

15 60.00%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Contenders or Pretenders? (old thread)

Um, we were 21-6 after the all-star break, before our last four games when we rested everybody.

We're a middle of the pact team in the East. We barely got out of the 2nd round last year and we'll be lucky to even get there this season.

Letting Ben go should have meant that we were going to reshape this team.

Instead we've begun a shift that likely won't be completed until the conclusion of next off-season (or the one after that).

Hunter, Davis, Delfino, Flip, Acker, Amir and Maxiell is a piss poor bench on paper, but the games aren't won and lost on paper.

But, even though I'm trying to be optimistic I can't call us contenders.

Miami, Dallas, San Antonio and maybe Phoenix are the legit contenders.

Every other team has serious flaws, especially in the East.

New Jersey's bigs suck, the Pacers are always injury prone, Chicago is still too young, Cleveland are coming on but Lebron can't do it all and Washington better have "internal growth" cause they've done nothing this off-season.

With my rose coloured glasses on it appears we have a very good shot to make it to the ECF. Once (if) we get to that point all bets are off because this team has a lot to prove and a lot of experience players that have won big before.

And Miami IMO is not unstoppable.
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

Would someone please explain to me how we had a better season than the spurs last year, smacked them in the mouth TWICE, went a round further in the playoffs, and yet they've contenders and we're not?

You can't tell me that we wouldn't be able to beat them in a playoff series.

We went a round further in the playoffs because we played in the Cavs a team with ZERO playoff experience in the 2nd round (and it took us 7 games). The Spurs played the Mavs in the 2nd (a team with a shit load of experience). And the only reason those 2 met in the 2nd round was because of the wacked out seeding since they both play in the same division. Mavs v. Spurs was the real WCF.

..and yet, Pistons vs heat was the real NBA finals....

the spurs lost to a team that didn't do any better against Miami than we did.

Again, The Spurs had a worse season last year and we kicked their ass on top of it. But they're contenders and we're not.

This has got be an act. Nobody can really be THAT stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by the wrath of diddy
    This has got be an act. Nobody can really be THAT stupid.
    I've been saying that about you for years....

They did not replace Manu with Lindsey Hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    Would someone please explain to me how we had a better season than the spurs last year, smacked them in the mouth TWICE, went a round further in the playoffs, and yet they've contenders and we're not?

You can't tell me that we wouldn't be able to beat them in a playoff series.
    So the team that is starting this season was better than the Spurs last season?

Really?

Nazr and Flip Murray were here last season? Ben was a Bull?

Did I miss something?
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

+ Reply to Thread