+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 21
FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Team USA/World Basketball Classic

Threaded View

Blog Entries
    Supposedly, Melo ran into Coack K and hyperextended his knee badly.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    Not badly at all, Mike D'antoni even said he would have likely come back if it was a real game.

why the fuck didnt Yao play?

I noticed Bosh gets the least amount of PT so far, wonder why,

After seeing the Brazil bos score, Bosh averages 11 minutes a game while Anthony still scored the most points despite his injury

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FP22
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    Not badly at all, Mike D'antoni even said he would have likely come back if it was a real game.
    Oh. It appears that I was misinformed.

Apologies.

Blog Entries
    I'm sure this might spark some interest here.

http://fiba.com/pages/en/news/latest..._cat=8&page=12

06/08/2006
    SCG - Milicic hots up as Serbo-Montenegrins whip FYR Macedonia

BELGRADE (FIBA World Championship) - Serbia & Montenegro defeated FYR Macedonia 94-79 in the first and last game to be staged in Belgrade this summer before the FIBA World Championship in Japan.

Darko Milicic scored 23 points and grabbed 10 rebounds to lead the Blues, who trailed 12-4 before going on an 11-0 run midway through the opening quarter to take control for good.

Igor Rakocevic, the Serbia & Montenegro captain, scored 21 points for the hosts and Bojan Popovic added 10.

"At this moment, we are more prepared than the Macedonians, and that resulted in our victory," said Serbia & Montenegro coach Dragan Sakota.

"Many of our players wore jersey of the national team in front of our home fans for the first time in their career, and that was a reason for a lack of concentration at the start."

There was cause for concern, however, as the hosts were outscored 29-20 in the final quarter.

"Even though we've played very well in the second and third quarters, at the end we have had huge downfall, which could be quite dangerous in the forthcoming period," said Sakota.

Serbia & Montenegro have won the last two world titles but they are taking an inexperienced side to Japan, where they will compete in Group A with Argentina - the side they beat in the world title match four years ago in Indianapolis - France, Lebanon, Venezuela and Nigeria.

Darko Nikolic
    PA Sport, Belgrade

Darko Milicic scored 23 points and grabbed 10 rebounds
    i have a feeling that Darko will haunt Joe D for the rest of his career. during the time he was here, everyone was all over him for drafting him. if he turns out to be a good NBA player, everyone will crucify Joe D for letting him go.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt
    Darko Milicic scored 23 points and grabbed 10 rebounds
    i have a feeling that Darko will haunt Joe D for the rest of his career. during the time he was here, everyone was all over him for drafting him. if he turns out to be a good NBA player, everyone will crucify Joe D for letting him go.
    I'd say it's more like WHEN. Darko will very likely exceed the low expectations he has now from most fans. No matter what, it's going to look like trading him was a particularly questionable move, IMO.

WE ARE ALL WITNESSES

just to show off I know these 3 korean kids

The reason why these 3 guys played with LeBron, Chris Paul and Joe Johnson was because they placed 2nd in a Nike tournament. imagine playing with those 3 players!!!

So pumped because team usa is in korea

+ Reply to Thread