+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 26
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Pistons sign Flip Murray (old thread)

Quote Originally Posted by b-diddy
    how do you know what kind of a player delfino is? he's hardly played at all for the pistons. maybe he likes to gun. who knows?
    Is that a joke?

Delfino's NEVER come into a game and jacked up shots. He's a pass-first slasher.

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    Murray isn't a chucker. He takes most of his shots inside 10 feet.

Again, I just said don't look at how he did in Cleveland, because they used him as a spot-up shooter, which was idiotic.

Flip isn't a good outside shooter. He's a slasher and mid-range shooter.

And oh yeah, his only playoff series was one in which (again) he was misused.

BTW, don't even begin to try to defend delfino is he bitches about this. He should be just fine with 15 mpg.
    kind of like how Flip Saunders seemed to use Delfino at times?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt

Again, I just said don't look at how he did in Cleveland, because they used him as a spot-up shooter, which was idiotic.

BTW, don't even begin to try to defend delfino is he bitches about this. He should be just fine with 15 mpg.
    Exactly. Flip's fucking clueless. What makes you think he's gonna use Murray properly if he couldn't figure it out with the other players?

Delfino wasn't really used that way, he just floated around the perimeter too damn often instead of being aggressive. When his confidence goes, he stops driving the lane.

did Flip Murray spend any time in Seattle at PG?

i just remember him for his scoring outburst, back when Ray Allen got hurt.....i don't remember him as one, just trying to recall...

i can't see why anyone would be upset with this signing.

he's no lebron, but for the price we got him he's a ridiculous bargain. he is a great slasher who can get to the hoop and get to the line. and he can score in bunches.

i think he can be a nice player for us. and again, considering what we were able to sign him for...it's a win-win situation.

who else could we have gotten with the BAE? i was expecting some aging, injury-prone has-been truthfully. but instead we got a young athletic scorer who brings a dimension to our team that we are in great need of.

yes, he is a very streaky shooter. but we can utilise him in ways to make the most of his STRENGTHS.

i'm shocked we were able to get him at such a bargain deal.

did Flip Murray spend any time in Seattle at PG?

i just remember him for his scoring outburst, back when Ray Allen got hurt.....i don't remember him as one, just trying to recall...
    He's a back-up 2/3. He's not going to play PG. Flip and Delfino will duke it out for minutes at the 2 and 3.

Delfino will lose.

Then he will cry.

^^ i agree with Higherwarrior. i'm glad we were able to land someone. my biggest concern now is how Flip puts together this bench squad as a unit.

Quote Originally Posted by Higherwarrior
    i can't see why anyone would be upset with this signing.

he's no lebron, but for the price we got him he's a ridiculous bargain. he is a great slasher who can get to the hoop and get to the line. and he can score in bunches.

i think he can be a nice player for us. and again, considering what we were able to sign him for...it's a win-win situation.

who else could we have gotten with the BAE? i was expecting some aging, injury-prone has-been truthfully. but instead we got a young athletic scorer who brings a dimension to our team that we are in great need of.

yes, he is a very streaky shooter. but we can utilise him in ways to make the most of his STRENGTHS.

i'm shocked we were able to get him at such a bargain deal.

Because some people have to be negative, I guess.....

I agree, this is better than anything we could have hoped for, for the BAE.

kind of hard to jack up shots when you only play for 2 minutes at a time. carlos is a rhythm player that never was alloud to get into a rhythm. what happens if he gets in a rhythm and actually plays HIS game? know one (except, apparantly you) has seen much of this. the dude has played 1000 minutes in 2 years. thats nothing. its a little early to be calling delfino a setup man, or anything else, for that matter.

+ Reply to Thread