+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 26
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Pistons sign Flip Murray (old thread)

I would think that Flip would compliment Delfino more than hurt him.

Flip's a finisher, Delfino's a set-up man.

Delfino plays backup SF, Flip plays backup SG. I don't see the problem there.

You think el Fino will be happy playing 10-15 minutes a game? Ha.

i thought flip was a 1 or a 2. 3? where is that coming from?

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    Come on, you have to admit it's nice to at least think positive for once, even if you go waaay overboard......

I think Murray is what we need: A scorer.

This way, Delfino can do what he does best, and not worry about putting points on the board. We now have someone else that can take that burden off him.

Don't look at Murray's stats in Cleveland. He was horribly-misused.
    Murray is a Chucker. Always has been, and always will be. He's a "scorer" that "scores" at a rate under 40%. He doesn't play D, and he is all about himself. He's decent in the clutch, but he will never be on the floor then, so it's pointless. Oh yea, and he sucks in the playoffs.

BTW, Delfino is gone. This is why Delfino bitched to the press again despite Mo being gone. They probably already told him about it.

would that mean Acker takes the backup role?

i was thinking the same thing, but it all depends on how Flip Saunders plays them.

i swear, Delfino must have stolen the girl WOD was trying to pick up at the bar or ran over his dog, to conjure up this much hatred............

Problem is, Murray is a worse shooter than Delfino is. Imagine Lindsey, Murray, and Delfino on the floor at once.... I think I just threw up a little...

and neither of them will be very good in 10 minutes per game. We've never had a bench player that was, and it's not gonna start now. Players (especially guards) need like 20 minutes. That is if you're asking them to do more than come in and defend/rebound.

how do you know what kind of a player delfino is? he's hardly played at all for the pistons. maybe he likes to gun. who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt

i was thinking the same thing, but it all depends on how Flip Saunders plays them.

i swear, Delfino must have stolen the girl WOD was trying to pick up at the bar or ran over his dog, to conjure up this much hatred............
    Nah he's just been whining for 3 years that he doesn't want to be here. Why do so many people give him a free pass on that shit?

Quote Originally Posted by FP22

Murray is a Chucker. Always has been, and always will be. He's a "scorer" that "scores" at a rate under 40%. He doesn't play D, and he is all about himself. He's decent in the clutch, but he will never be on the floor then, so it's pointless. Oh yea, and he sucks in the playoffs.

BTW, Delfino is gone. This is why Delfino bitched to the press again despite Mo being gone. They probably already told him about it.
    Murray isn't a chucker. He takes most of his shots inside 10 feet.

Again, I just said don't look at how he did in Cleveland, because they used him as a spot-up shooter, which was idiotic.

Flip isn't a good outside shooter. He's a slasher and mid-range shooter.

And oh yeah, his only playoff series was one in which (again) he was misused.

BTW, don't even begin to try to defend delfino if he bitches about this. He should be just fine with 15 mpg.

+ Reply to Thread