+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11
FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Granholm v. DeVos

as much as i want to learn about politics in the state, those damn TV ads are nauseating and make me want to stay as far away as possible. i hate listening to the mudslinging.

"Dick Devos. Did you know he kicked little puppies when he was 5 yrs old? He doesn't want you to know.

Vote Granholm and let's put an end to puppy kicking."
    "Jennifer Granholm has a penis. She frequents transexual bars at night.

This message has been paid for by the Dick Devos committee."

Granholm just won Herm's vote with that last one.
    STEW BEEF!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt
    as much as i want to learn about politics in the state, those damn TV ads are nauseating and make me want to stay as far away as possible. i hate listening to the mudslinging.
    Couldn't agree more. Whether I support the candidate or not I generally hate campaign ads. The postive ones always seem insincere and the negative ones just sleazy.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    Unfortunately, negative ads work.
    People don't want to hear good news.

I'm waiting for the debates in a couple weeks.
    Should be interesting...

Blog Entries
    Debate schedule set.

http://www.woodtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=5459950

Granholm, DeVos to debate at WOOD TV8

Updated: Sep 27, 2006 11:52 AM EDT

GRAND RAPIDS - WOOD TV8 will host one of three televised gubernatorial debates between Jennifer Granholm and Dick DeVos.

The two camps have agreed to debate in Grand Rapids and in two other Michigan cities within the next few weeks. They've also agreed on a joint appearance between the second and third debates.

WOOD TV8 will host the second debate at 8 p.m. Tuesday, October 10, and be available to all NBC stations in Michigan. WOOD TV8 anchor Suzanne Geha will moderate the debate, which will include panelists from WOOD TV8, Detroit's NBC affiliate WDIV, and the Detroit Free Press.

The first debate is set for Monday, October 2. The 8 p.m. debate, moderated by Tim Skubick, will be held at WKAR in East Lansing and be available to all Michigan Public TV stations and all Fox stations.

On Thursday, October 12, Granholm and DeVos will make a joint appearance and deliver remarks at a luncheon sponsored by Detroit's Economic Club and the Michigan Chronicle.

The third and final debate will be Monday, October 16 from the studios of WXYZ in Detroit. Chuck Stokes will be the debate moderator, which will be available to all CBS and ABC affiliates in the state.

Each candidate issued statements, both saying they looked forward to the debates.

Granholm said, "I look forward to discussing my record of job creation in Michigan and my opponent's real record on jobs and the economy. I have the most detailed, aggressive economic plan in the nation, and I am going anywhere and doing anything to bring create jobs today and jobs tomorrow. The debates will help Michigan voters see that they have a clear choice between two very different candidates in this election."

DeVos sounded a similar theme. "I look forward to these debates over the next couple of weeks. The Governor is a very gifted communicator and if the past is any guide, will do very well. I will stress my plan for turning Michigan around in these debates. Michigan has the worst unemployment rate in the country - and I'm not satisfied with that. I look foward to this public discussion of the issues."
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    First debate is tonight.

Be there.

granny doesnt seem likes shes doing too hot.

may god have mercy on all michiganders' souls if devos somehow gets elected.

glad i'm leaving the state.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    I was watching in a context in which I couldn't actually hear it a lot of the time for a variety of reasons.

DeVos lost the debate on body language alone.

The stuff I did hear toward the end mostly seemed like Granholm was scoring big-time, except for DeVos' closing speech which was the best he talked the whole night that I could hear.

If Granholm can't defeat DeVos, she deserves to lose.

Blog Entries
    DeVos came off very robotic, IMO, like all of his answers were programmed into his memory.

Granholm may have come off as "too smart".

I remember thinking some of the same things after the first Bush/Gore debate.

And we know how that turned out.
    Last edited by Glenn; 10-03-2006 at 09:34 AM.

+ Reply to Thread