+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is it just me

Is it just me

Or are a lot of the topics on the NBA forum starting to run together. It seems like i'm reading the same thing in every thread.

Any time the face of a team with 4 straight appearances in the conference Finals leaves, and that team gets nothing back for him, threads will run together. So while I haven't necessarily read them all to agree or disagree, I can certainly see the reasoning behind why it might be the case.
    We had subs. It was crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermy
    Its Davidson's fault.
    True story. I think we should start a petition and if we get enough signatures, every Piston's fan will get a chance to kick him in his wrinkly balls.

It's times like this I wish he would sell the team to someone that understands the value of a winning team. A Detroit-based Mark Cuban (that wasn't such a freak, but felt his team enough to put up the bank). It's sad that teams like the Knicjs are willing to spend but can't win, while teams like the Pistons can win but the Grumpy Old Man is feeling a bit like Donald Sterling right now.
    We had subs. It was crazy.

Blog Entries
    SEGER FOR OWNER!!!!

Find a new slant.

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    with our luck we'll get mark cuban with an isiah thomas gm. And for the record cubans is 3 behind the penny pincher in titles.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutz Gatsu
    with our luck we'll get mark cuban with an isiah thomas gm. And for the record cubans is 3 behind the penny pincher in titles.
    Bill Davidson has also owned the Pistons 26 years longer than Mark Cuban. It also took 14 years for Bill Davidson to win a title. Compared to Cuban, Bill Davidson's Pistons were 16-66 at this time in his ownership and had just 2 winning seasons overall. Since Mark Cuban has bought the Mavericks, they have had 50+ wins every season (I don't count 2000 since he didn't buy them until February even though they did finish the season 20-13 with him as the owner).

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Comrade
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutz Gatsu
    Bill Davidson has also owned the Pistons 26 years longer than Mark Cuban. It also took 14 years for Bill Davidson to win a title. Compared to Cuban, Bill Davidson's Pistons were 16-66 at this time in his ownership and had just 2 winning seasons overall. Since Mark Cuban has bought the Mavericks, they have had 50+ wins every season (I don't count 2000 since he didn't buy them until February even though they did finish the season 20-13 with him as the owner).
    but the name of the game is longevity my friend. If cuban's mavericks are still kicking ass 20 years down the road i'll give him full due.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    Also, many NBA teams in general weren't run as serious big businesses back when Bill Davidson bought the team because the dollar values and stakes were relatively small, even by the standards of the day. It was common for star players to get "injured" and need "rehab" during the winter in mid-season, then come back with a tan they got from their "rehab" vacation to Florida. A first round draft picks might be sold for cash because an owner wanted some quick dough for an expansion to his house, or because they just didn't want to pay any money to another player. Imagine that happening today. Bill D. ran the Pistons like a rich pet hobby throughout the '70s.

+ Reply to Thread