+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: (Not as) Bad things in ATL

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    well Phar somebody we drafted had to eventually step up. It can't be tay forever as the lone project that stuck around. if maxiell can step up along with delfino, we are in serious business. if amir's pure athletic skill gets a chance to shine that wouldnt hurt either. Shit i'm even pulling for wallace's nephew to get a shot.

Theres alot of questions left to be answered. I think its premature to say we are stuck for the next 2 years. maybe this year. but i could see competing again next year if any 2 of our youth guys pan out.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

Well, that's a nice thought and I hope that Delfino, Max and Amir all step up this season as they get used to the league and learn how to apply their skills.

However, I think it's rather optimistic to believe we're anything more than second round fodder.

I'm not saying making the playoffs every season is a bad thing.

Not being contenders is the bad thing.
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pharaoh
    Well, that's a nice thought and I hope that Delfino, Max and Amir all step up this season as they get used to the league and learn how to apply their skills.

However, I think it's rather optimistic to believe we're anything more than second round fodder.

I'm not saying making the playoffs every season is a bad thing.

Not being contenders is the bad thing.
    you gets no argument from me this year. but the next year i'm not so willing to concede us as playoff only.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

Quote Originally Posted by FP22
    Quote Originally Posted by detroitsportscity

EXCEPT THOSE THAT END AFTER THIS YEAR.

So he can still be traded, but not for anyone with a multi year contract. Therefor us doing a 3 way with a bigger expiring.

Or Dyess could guaruntee that he is opting out, and we could do Davis, Dyess, and a pick.
    You are correct sir. Though it sounds more likely that they let him walk by the sounds of it. Could get interesting since the capspace teams have mostly used it up. He could be screwed.
    I think that they'll trade him if at all possible.

And if he walks, it would probably be for the MLE, which would be complete shit for us, as he could go to Indy.

Davis, Dyess(agreed to opt out), and a 1st('08) for Al.

Or

The Sheed stuff already proposed.

younger and better is a good system if possible.

Mark Dantonio - MSU Head Coach

http://www.freerice.com

Marc Stein says Indy is the "front runner" for Al so far.
    STEW BEEF!

what would Indy offer? Money or players? If players, I just dont see it...

[
    Al Harrington, a forward who played the first six seasons of his NBA career with the Pacers, is one of their primary targets. The feeling is mutual. "I know there has been some interest there in Indiana," Harrington said when reached by telephone late Saturday night at his offseason home in Los Angeles. "I've always considered Indiana home. To come back, it would be like I never left."

Harrington said he doesn't have a salary goal for his next contract, and is primarily focused on returning to a winning environment. The Hawks were 13-69 two seasons ago and 26-56 last season. "Whatever's fair," he said. "My biggest thing is I want to be in position to win again. Be in the playoffs and start competing for a championship again. My happiness is the most important thing."

Should the Pacers find a way to obtain Harrington, they would likely have a starting frontline of Harrington, O'Neal and Danny Granger. That would be dangerous," Harrington said. "That would be really dangerous." Moments later, Harrington had to cut short the conversation. The display on his cell phone showed that O'Neal was calling.
    via indy star.

Atlanta Hawks free-agent forward Al Harrington told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution that the Warriors, along with Indiana, were the two teams in heaviest pursuit of his services. The Warriors also are known to have contacted Jeff Fried, the agent of Seattle free-agent power forward Chris Wilcox, to express their interest.The Warriors' interest in those players not only illustrates the team's desire to get more athletic on the frontline, it also underscores that they're shopping power forward Troy Murphy, the team's most attractive-but-expendable player. Harrington and Wilcox are power forwards, though Harrington has the skills to play small forward. Both are athletic specimens who can run the floor and finish above the rim, a contrast to Murphy's methodical, perimeter-shooting attack.
    via contra costa times

So..fuck all the Al to Detroit bullshit.

I'm Varsity chump. You're J.V.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cross
    Danny Granger
    Tinsley
    future 1st(s)

I don't see Philly getting market value for AI. I think when he gets dealt it'll end up being for young pieces and picks.

If it's for the MLE, then they would probably be.

But their ability to trade for him flew out the door with Croshere, at least while this court order is in effect.

[
    Al Harrington, a forward who played the first six seasons of his NBA career with the Pacers, is one of their primary targets. The feeling is mutual. "I know there has been some interest there in Indiana," Harrington said when reached by telephone late Saturday night at his offseason home in Los Angeles. "I've always considered Indiana home. To come back, it would be like I never left."

Harrington said he doesn't have a salary goal for his next contract, and is primarily focused on returning to a winning environment. The Hawks were 13-69 two seasons ago and 26-56 last season. "Whatever's fair," he said. "My biggest thing is I want to be in position to win again. Be in the playoffs and start competing for a championship again. My happiness is the most important thing."

Should the Pacers find a way to obtain Harrington, they would likely have a starting frontline of Harrington, O'Neal and Danny Granger. That would be dangerous," Harrington said. "That would be really dangerous." Moments later, Harrington had to cut short the conversation. The display on his cell phone showed that O'Neal was calling.
    via indy star.

Atlanta Hawks free-agent forward Al Harrington told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution that the Warriors, along with Indiana, were the two teams in heaviest pursuit of his services. The Warriors also are known to have contacted Jeff Fried, the agent of Seattle free-agent power forward Chris Wilcox, to express their interest.The Warriors' interest in those players not only illustrates the team's desire to get more athletic on the frontline, it also underscores that they're shopping power forward Troy Murphy, the team's most attractive-but-expendable player. Harrington and Wilcox are power forwards, though Harrington has the skills to play small forward. Both are athletic specimens who can run the floor and finish above the rim, a contrast to Murphy's methodical, perimeter-shooting attack.
    via contra costa times

So..fuck all the Al to Detroit bullshit.
    They don't have the players to get him.

If he wants to sign for the MLE, then that is possible, if he wants more, they are out of the running without a 3 way.

+ Reply to Thread