+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: (Not as) Bad things in ATL

Quote Originally Posted by Varsity
    Quote Originally Posted by Cross
    what would Indy offer? Money or players? If players, I just dont see it...
    Danny Granger
    Tinsley
    future 1st(s)

I don't see Philly getting market value for AI. I think when he gets dealt it'll end up being for young pieces and picks.
    This is for Harrington and Atlanta.

Also, Tinsley and Granger aren't allowed to go to Atlanta if you read the article.

Mark Dantonio - MSU Head Coach

http://www.freerice.com

Quote Originally Posted by Varsity
    Quote Originally Posted by Cross
    what would Indy offer? Money or players? If players, I just dont see it...
    Danny Granger
    Tinsley
    future 1st(s)

I don't see Philly getting market value for AI. I think when he gets dealt it'll end up being for young pieces and picks.
    Nah, Granger is basically untouchable.

Hawks need another point let alone whos on the books for a while? They got Claxton, Salim Stoudemire, and JJ could play some 1.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    I'm wondering if Claxton renegs on his deal... he has a perfect 'out' if he wanted to.

This is what I have heard, I am no legal expert, so this is coming from somebody close to the situation. ATL can sign and trade AL but only for a player who is expiring or signed to a deal that has options after this year that the team has the choice to excercise. They can acquire TE's and picks also without trouble.

Also they can pettion the court to be given case by case permission via Belkin until this is resolved fully. It is also believed that David Stern is sending in his legal team to have this resolved since it blocks the NBA from functioning properly in terms of the CBA that was agreeded upon.
    Last edited by JS; 07-08-2006 at 06:10 PM.

Blog Entries
    ATLANTA LIVES!!

http://www.contracostatimes.com/mld/...s/15019524.htm

Free and clear

The road was made easier for the Warriors to acquire Atlanta Hawks free agent forward Al Harrington. A Maryland judge revised his recent ruling that the Hawks could not initiate any multiyear contracts other than for their draft picks. So Atlanta is free to sign Harrington to whatever deal he works out with another team and then trade him to that team, provided that contract doesn't exceed the salary cap. However, another part of the judge's revision could affect the Warriors' chances at landing Harrington. The judge ruled the Hawks could not add a player with a contract of more than four years unless both sides of the feuding Atlanta ownership sign off. Warriors forward Troy Murphy, who would figure to be part of any deal for Harrington, has five years remaining on his contract.
    Find a new slant.

^BACK TO THE HARRINGTON THREAD!!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermy
    ^BACK TO THE HARRINGTON THREAD!!!!
    * insert riot emoticon *

Find a new slant.

So Belkin, the "saviour" (according to some Hawk fans) obviously doesn't like Murphy, otherwise they wouldn't have the 4-year contract stipulation.

At least now they can sign and trade Harrington for something decent.

Maybe he's part of the 6-team, 16-player Blockbuster?
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

+ Reply to Thread