+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Pistons sign Nazr Mohammed

Quote Originally Posted by Varsity
    The only thing I can hope on is that Joel just turned us down. If they did this without hearing back from JP, that'd be even worse. I could have lived with JP, but Nazr is terrible. Of course all this is moot now. Ben Wallace is probably cracking up right now.
    We're talking about variables of suck anyway.

Joey Harrington or Jeff Garcia, does it really matter?
    Hype?

Quote Originally Posted by Kilo
    Yeah, I'm grasping at straws...
    The Pistons seem to grasping @ nothing! We should be losing "Trust in Joe D"

Quote Originally Posted by BubblesTheLion
    The only thing I can hope on is that Joel just turned us down. If they did this without hearing back from JP, that'd be even worse. I could have lived with JP, but Nazr is terrible. Of course all this is moot now. Ben Wallace is probably cracking up right now.

Yes it does matter. We're talking a difference of one the best defenders at the 5 in the league and one of the worse. Who's worse at D than Nazr? You could probably count them on one hand. LaFrentz, Brezec, Blount... there's not many.

Dumars went for the sure thing. Przybilla has a handful of options to consider, and I guess Dumars didn't want to wait, have Nazr Mohammed signed and then watch Przybilla sign elsewhere and have us left with nothing.

According to WDFN, the Pistons were scared off of Przybilla's chrinic knee issues.

It's pretty damn telling that San Antonio has no centers under contract at the moment and didn't think enough of the guy to try and keep him.

Maybe we could S&T Dale Davis and the TE to San Antonio for Nazr and snag somebody else with the MLE. DD would be a solid fit in San Antonio, is cheap and would be expiring after this season.

Where was that thinking when they signed McDyess?

Maybe we can S+T with the spurs easier, and this is really for Davis and a 2nd or something. Allowing us to keep the MLE.

But I'm just hoping.

Mark Dantonio - MSU Head Coach

http://www.freerice.com

Blog Entries
    this sux
    Find a new slant.

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    Quote Originally Posted by H1Man
    Dumars went for the sure thing. Przybilla has a handful of options to consider, and I guess Dumars didn't want to wait, have Nazr Mohammed signed and then watch Przybilla sign elsewhere and have us left with nothing.

According to WDFN, the Pistons were scared off of Przybilla's chrinic knee issues.

It's pretty damn telling that San Antonio has no centers under contract at the moment and didn't think enough of the guy to try and keep him.

Maybe we could S&T Dale Davis and the TE to San Antonio for Nazr and snag somebody else with the MLE. DD would be a solid fit in San Antonio, is cheap and would be expiring after this season.

Chronic knees and coming off a tear are two different things. Not even Arnie kander is gauranteed to keep chronic knee problems from popping up through a whole season.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

rollin through your neighborhood, middle finger up
    ugh

I'm Varsity chump. You're J.V.
    Quote Originally Posted by BubblesTheLion

neither Joey or Jeff were top 5 in anything...which compares with Nazr, but Joel is a top 5 shot blocker. So variables of suck, especially for a defensive oriented team, doesn't apply.

Quote Originally Posted by H1Man

It's a valid concern, I give them that. This guy has been having knee problems for years, and we'd be expecting more out of him then any of the other places. Still, the fact that we didn't get the Vanilla Gorilla is sort of depressing.

+ Reply to Thread