+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Let's play "Guess the bitch!!!"

Let's play "Guess the bitch!!!"

Here's a quote from ASB's article at mlive -

In addition to angering Davidson, Wallace also upset some of his teammates, including one who said he was "shocked" that a contract that would make the 31-year-old Wallace the highest-paid player in franchise history apparently wasn't enough to convince him to return to the team he has been an integral part of for the past six seasons. Others, however, understood his position.
    It's not Lindsay Hunter because he's quoted in the article understanding Ben Wallaces decision. It's not going to be Acker, Maxiell, Blalock, Johnson because it would be ridiculous even to ask them, Delfino is probably in the same boat.

Who are the remaining suspects - Tay Prince, Rip Hamilton, Chauncey Billups, Rasheed Wallace, Antonio McDyess, and Dale Davis. I can't believe it would be Mr. CTC Rasheed Wallace, and I doubt Billups would make such a comment realizing he'll be in the same boat next off-season. I can't see Tayshaun being upset given his negotiations last season. My two suspects are Antonio McDyess and Rip Hamilton. I could see McDyess saying he is shocked, but not really in a disparraging tone that ASB makes it out to be. Therefore my guess is Rip Hamilton.

Of course saying you're shocked he didn't sign doesn't mean you are really upset. Maybe ASB is playing loose with his words to add drama to the story and toe the company line that Ben Wallace is the bad guy here. Maybe ASB is the bitch.
    In the time of chimpanzees I was a monkey.

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    since wallace isnt coming back either way, this title is "do you give a shit about who gave a parting shot?". Though i dont consider that much of a parting shot, actually seems more like him being the franchises highest paid player being turned down. Some players see that as shocking. Some understand his and respect his gripe. nothing really big about this.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

I would say Chauncey. He would say something like that. But who cares, the bitch in all this is Ben.

Maybe tay cause he took a discount.

Tay didn't take a discount. He re-upped early. It's called security.

For evidence I would like to introduce the cases of

Willie Green vs. the 76ers, and Amare Stoudemire vs. the Suns.

right. tay=discount? since when? 5 months ago, 90% of this board was bitching that we way over paid him, and now one would have given him close to what he got.

tay got what he deserved. ben got what he deserved. no overpaying.

and i think it was chauncy. i bet chauncy is happy ben isnt there anymore. i think there was a rivalry between the two. perhaps dating back to chauncy's finals mvp (ben was jealous, without a doubt). ben likes to be appreciated. they both thought they should be the face of the pistons.

Quote Originally Posted by b-diddy
    ben got what he deserved.
    Ben Wallace is not a 15 per year player at this stage in his career. Not by a longshot. In 3 years it will be even more absurd than it is today.

I'd say the deal we offered was "deserved" in terms of being far to both parties. Ben only wanted it to be fair to him. Chicago thought that 12M to ruin Detroit was a bargain.

well, his deal next year is probably closer to 14 or 13, but i get your point.

but how many guys making 15 million+ a year are "15 million dollar a year guy" guys?

23 guys will make 15+ next year. i'd probably take ben over all but 5 of them. maybe all but 7 or 8.

i would love for you to explain to me how this works.

Quote Originally Posted by themicrowave
    Tay didn't take a discount. He re-upped early. It's called security.

Yeah he did. Other teams would've payed him a lot more money this offseason then what the Pistons gave him.

Quote Originally Posted by b-diddy
    right. tay=discount? since when? 5 months ago, 90% of this board was bitching that we way over paid him, and now one would have given him close to what he got.

I think you said no one would have given him close to that, which is stupid. If he were a FA right now he'd be getting offered 12mil.

Those 90% of people were wrong, and thought Ben was going to sign for 10 million.

+ Reply to Thread