+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 25
FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Ben Wallace GONE!!!!

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    lets get teal jerseys back in.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

I'm actually surprised at how ready for this I was. We've had a couple of "What's Ben Worth?" threads and in those I was in the "he's become how I define the Pistons" crowd. But since its been an issue on the horizon for a while now I guess I stopped looking at him as such.

I think Kstat got a little too much heat in here. Looks like some were lashing out right at the begining.

Count me in with the "Fuck rebuilding" voice. The only way this team got to the top was from JoeD pulling Rasheed Wallace out of his ass. Maybe he can't do that again, but I don't think you start shedding the guys worth their contracts simply because you aren't good enough to win yet (or perhaps "again").

As for Ben. Pretty much everyone agreed that he's only worth keeping if his price is right. If $60 million is correct, then his price clearly wasn't right. Shit happens. We got some good bargins on the way up, took advantage of teams and situations to get a title. Now teams are looking our way to take advantage of the rock and a hard place we find ourselves in.

Yeah, the whole Darko timeline is a big FU to Detroit.

I hope everyone had fun being on top, because its back to the climb once again. I say bring that shit on. The climb is part of the fun. "The hard is what makes it great."
    STEW BEEF!

Tayshaun is going to be exposed. He could play his man tighter because he knew that if his man blew by him, Ben would be there to clean up his mess. This maximized his length and allowed him to greatly effect opposition jumpers. Now if he plays his man too tight, they'll blow by him and attack the rim, and if he plays off them(to make up for his lack of speed), they'll shoot over him.

If it is $60M, I don't blame the Pistons for not signing him. However I do blame Dumars for not having the foresight to realize that somebody quite possibly could offer Ben Wallace money that we were unwilling to match and not holding on to a certain 21 yr old 7'1" 265lb asset "just in case".
    In the time of chimpanzees I was a monkey.

Anyone else feel like this might be a dream?

WE ARE ALL WITNESSES

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus771
    Anyone else feel like this might be a nightmare?
    i fixed it for you.
    ^

We aint getting anyone. The Pistons have loved the whole no superstar team concept shit, but we alsways did have a superstar, He just did not shoot fall away threes and impress with this offense ability how most NBA superstars are seen. Know that he is gone, these other players that I still love will be unfortuneately be exposed for what they are: good role players. No longer will they have the help defense for their defensive fuck ups. Look what happened when Ben played like shit, the Pistons got their ass handed to them courtesy of the Heat. We are Milwaukee now or damn do i dare say that they may even be better than us?

we can't afford superstars until billups, Rip, and sheed are gone. Like i said before i want to see maxiell get a shot.
    ^

1) i for one would have signed ben at 60. why the fuck not? you have to spend to contend in this league. pistons should have said: "hey, we've been the best economical team of all time. good run, but now its time to pony up and reward the guys who got us here".

the spurs pay big. the heat pay big. everyone that wins pays big (except the pistons).

2) hoping that another sheed deal falls on our lap is worse than wishful thinking. two things had to happen for that deal to work: 1) sheed was completely given away. 2) we had 17 million dollars in expendable contracts that made the deal work. penny pincher has been shedding deals at every chance he got. right now, we have <$5 million in expendable contracts (Dale, carlos, and jason maxiel) and a 1.5 million TE. i guess you could through dyess in there, and we're at ~10, but then we have a basketball team that goes exactly 5 deep, which isnt too much depth.

but dont blame bill. he doesnt owe you shit.

60 MILL IS A BARGAIN FOR 4 YEARS MORE OF TITTLE CONTENDING, SO WHY NOT PAY UP? DALLAS, MIAMI, AND THE SPURS ARE LAUGHING THEIR ASSES OF RIGHT NOW.

Hmm...

hmm....

The Heat paid Shaq.

The Spurs paid Duncan.

Ben is not in either player's league.

Try again, better luck next time.

+ Reply to Thread