+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 25
FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast

Thread: Ben Wallace GONE!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutz Gatsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt
    i know this doesn't come at a surprise, but Ben pretty much has been contradicting himself the past few days. on WDIV, he was on TV and when asked if the Pistons offered the same amount of money as the Bulls would he still be here, he said, "no doubt". then on Stony and Wojo today he was basically saying it wasn't about the money.
    because he feels that the amount of money he's offered defines his stature and the respect a team has for him. not the most braniac way of thinking. but i hold no issue with that. I do hold issue with him not making it clear this was the type of ben we would deal with this offseason. and definately making it clear before we cleared some youth out for him.
    if that's the case, Ben's ego is much larger than i had originally thought......i'm not faulting him for taking as much money as he can (hell, i would do the same thing), but if he genuinely felt disrespected, either he didn't have a solid understanding of situation here or his ego was too large for the team.

honestly, i think all the "he was offended by the offer" talk is BS. i think he was disrespected during the season and had pretty much made up his mind to leave. right now he's making excuses (i.e. it was the money or he felt slighted by the offer. both comments he contradicted later).

it's going to be really, really weird seeing Ben in a Bulls uni.

I do hold issue with him not making it clear this was the type of ben we would deal with this offseason. and definately making it clear before we cleared some youth out for him.
    This is a valid point. I know Dumars probably didn't want to talk numbers because it could become a distraction(and would have given the off-season fallout), but they both dinked around the issue - Dumars saying he'd make a fair offer and Ben saying it wasn't about the money gave indications that there certainly was a deal to be made. Of course Dumars' fair offer and Ben's fair offer have proven to be two entirely different beasts. I know it will shock some here, but the Milicic trade is what really bothers me about this whole mess.
    In the time of chimpanzees I was a monkey.

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilo
    I know it will shock some here, but the Milicic trade is what really bothers me about this whole mess.
    Quit playin'.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.

hey i've gotten used to it. i was a grant hill fan from day one of that alley oop he caught from Joe D(still got the gold special edition grant hill home jersey, teal road jersey, and his usa olympic jersey). So you can imagine how his departure threw me off. Before that, seeing laimbeer and zeke being forced to retire early wasn't all that pleasing either. All i know now is like Hill Ben didnt want to be here. No matter what way he spins it. That makes it pretty easy to boo him and not give a shit. As far as giving him cheers for the past? he got those while he was here and apparently they werent enough to kep him here. So no thanks on cheering him a second time around. I probally wont watch bulls games when plays much like i dont watch magic games when hill plays.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

Blog Entries
    Whenever we play Ben & the Bulls (fuck!) I'd like to see us replace the red R on the white rebound t-shirts with pictures of Davidson's fucking face.

In fact, I'm referring to Ben's rebounds as "Davidsons" from now on.
    Find a new slant.

I'm Varsity chump. You're J.V.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    Whenever we play Ben & the Bulls (fuck!) I'd like to see us replace the red R on the white rebound t-shirts with pictures of Davidson's fucking face.

In fact, I'm referring to Ben's rebounds as "Davidsons" from now on.
    HAHA

Blog Entries
    Does anybody have or have you seen a photoshopped pic of Ben in a Bulls uni yet?
    Find a new slant.

Ben knew he was leaving 3 months ago, when he sold his house and starting building one in Chicago.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    Does anybody have or have you seen a photoshopped pic of Ben in a Bulls uni yet?
    http://WTFDetroit.com
    Find a new slant.

hey i've gotten used to it. i was a grant hill fan from day one of that alley oop he caught from Joe D(still got the gold special edition grant hill home jersey, teal road jersey, and his usa olympic jersey). So you can imagine how his departure threw me off. Before that, seeing laimbeer and zeke being forced to retire early wasn't all that pleasing either. All i know now is like Hill Ben didnt want to be here. No matter what way he spins it. That makes it pretty easy to boo him and not give a shit. As far as giving him cheers for the past? he got those while he was here and apparently they werent enough to kep him here. So no thanks on cheering him a second time around. I probally wont watch bulls games when plays much like i dont watch magic games when hill plays.
    So you've seen pretty much every game the last 6 seasons then?
    STEW BEEF!

+ Reply to Thread