+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 25
FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Ben Wallace GONE!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus771
    Anyone else feel like this might be a dream?
    2 nights ago I had a dream about Ben Wallace, the only dream I ever had about Ben Wallace.

He was shot in the back walking to a basketball court in a prison camp.

I guess the dream signifies what he has done to Detroit Fans.
    Hype?

Quote Originally Posted by DPISTONS90
    60 MILL IS A BARGAIN FOR 4 YEARS MORE OF TITTLE CONTENDING, SO WHY NOT PAY UP? DALLAS, MIAMI, AND THE SPURS ARE LAUGHING THEIR ASSES OF RIGHT NOW.

We wouldn't be title contenders for 4 more years. We'd be a contender for 1 year (and a weak one at that), and after Ben's overpriced deal prevented us from re-signing chauncey, we'd be stuck in cap hell.

60 MILL IS A BARGAIN FOR 4 YEARS MORE OF TITTLE CONTENDING, SO WHY NOT PAY UP? DALLAS, MIAMI, AND THE SPURS ARE LAUGHING THEIR ASSES OF RIGHT NOW.
    To be fair, the price tag would be $120M because Billups will want to get paid next season, after playing for the MLE for the last five years.
    In the time of chimpanzees I was a monkey.

Is having Ben better than not having Ben?

Hell yes.

But to Bill Davidson it's better to not pay the luxury tax than to keep a title contender together.

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat

We wouldn't be title contenders for 4 more years. We'd be a contender for 1 year (and a weak one at that), and after Ben's overpriced deal prevented us from re-signing chauncey, we'd be stuck in cap hell.
    LOL The only thing stopping us from keeping Chauncey would be Davidson's cheapness. Shut your fucking mouth. You care more about Dumbo's profit margins than this team winning.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Asberry
    Chauncey's D is way overrated, he cant stay in front of half of the quick PGs...

No doubt about it. Rip guards the quicker PG and they put Billups on the SG. Rip is a much better defensive player that Billups.

I am interested to see what Joe D has planned. He said in that press conference that he has a contingency. Personally, I think that is a crock of shit. Its funny because a lot of the players we wanted to add have already signed. Claxton, Jackson, Nene, BEN, and others to be sure. This is going to be a painful offseason.

Joe D has to learn that loyalty means shit to NBA players and that you can't lowball them. Like most folks, they want to get paid. Its now twice that the cornerstones of the Pistons franchise has left us. Losing Hill hurt, Losing Ben kills.

Gordon, Villa, RIP,Stuckey-who needs defense anyway?
    in other news Lindsey just got a 2 year/ 4.5 mil deal...LOL@the Pistons

http://www.mlive.com/pistons/weblog/...07.html#157737

Lindsey re-signs
    The Pistons got their first commitment of the free agency period from Lindsey Hunter, who will sign a two-year deal worth about $4.5 million. He can't sign the deal until July 12.

Oh, it gets better for Hunter.

When his contract is up, Hunter will also be given a position within the organization, primarily assisting president of basketball operations, Joe Dumars.

"That's what makes this all really special, an opportunity to work with Joe when my playing days are over," Hunter said. "I'm looking forward to playing, but I'm also looking forward to what lies ahead for me when I'm done playing, too."

Hunter said the Phoenix Suns showed a lot of interest, but his desire was to return to Detroit.

"This is where I wanted to be," Hunter said. "I wasn't real thrilled with the idea of moving my family, so this worked out great."

In all likelihood, Hunter will be Chauncey Billups' backup at the point, with the third point guard possibly being rookie Will Blalock or second-yeard guard Alex Acker, who is a shooting guard who got most of his practice last season primarily at the point guard position

Quote Originally Posted by the wrath of diddy

LOL The only thing stopping us from keeping Chauncey would be Davidson's cheapness. Shut your fucking mouth. You care more about Dumbo's profit margins than this team winning.
    Of course, I'd be a Pistons fan, which is something you will never be.

Hmm...

hmm....

The Heat paid Shaq.

The Spurs paid Duncan.

Ben is not in either player's league.

Try again, better luck next time.
    the heat paid walker. the heat paid white chocalate. the heat paid posey. the heat will, shockingly, extend wade. theyll bring back zo.

try again, better luck next time.

+ Reply to Thread