+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10
1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Denny McLain Suspended One Week

Syndicate Emeritus, Site Co-Founder Taymelo's Avatar

Denny McLain Suspended One Week

Attention WTF members:

I am writing to advise all of you that Denny McLain has been suspended by me for one week, and stripped of his mod powers, for constantly and intentionally baiting other members into arguments. I want to stress that this was done without a vote, based on our zero tolerance policy. I also want to stress that there were personal motivations for me in doing this, and I admit it, so spare me the arguments about unfairness. This is every bit as much a dictatorship as it is a democracy, when the need arises. Its like President Bush - the rules don't apply in a time of war.

This board is supposed to be fun.

Political/religious debate is welcome, and even heated discussions that are intellectually honest are welcome. But baiting other posters to argue with each other, baiting mods to argue with each other, and baiting administrators to argue with each other, all for some sick pleasure that has no intellectual value, will NOT be tolerated.

You should all understand the difference, but if you don't, I'll give an example:

Tahoe and I have been involved in some heated political discussions. However, it is between us, and we are both simply stating our feelings. We argue politics, and even use strongly worded examples to make our points. At one point, when he bitched about the Jersey girls and I felt he was being insensitive, I tried to explain "how would you feel if you were a relative of a victim" by saying "I hope someone rapes and kills your family so you know how it feels" or something like that. It was in context, it was between Tahoe and me, and most people understood where I was going with those words.

Denny, on the other hand, has been spending the bulk of his time, when he's not sketching caricatures, trying to get other people to argue, trying to get people suspended - and then arguing about the unfairness of their suspensions, meddling in other people's business in order to get a rise out of them and cause more problems, making phony arguments in order to make points that he really doesn't care about anyway, being intellectually dishonest just because its an easy way to get a rise out of people, and constantly pushing buttons with general members and members of the Syndicate, to see what he can get away with, and to see what kind of arguments he can stir up.

What is between Tahoe and me is between Tahoe and me. What is between Anthony, Steve, Gutz, and the Syndicate, however, for some reason, is between Denny, Anthony, Steve, Gutz, and the Syndicate. THAT IS UNACCEPTABLE, especially for a mod.

Denny has one week to think about his transgressions, and decide if he wants to come back and be a solid contributor, instead of an instigator.

However, if he or anyone else EVER comes back from a suspension to act like a martyr, argue their case, drag things on, start up with a Syndicate member, etc., like Anthony has been doing lately, they will be permanently banned, without a vote. Actions by the Syndicate are taken, and then we MOVE ON!!!

PS: This is also a strong hint to Anthony to consider a new sig, stop talking about fried chicken, stop calling Glenn "PC guy" or ANYTHING else, and MOVE ON before he is perma-banned, too.

The War Room is hot right now. Surprisingly, no one has chimed in with a voice of restraint. EVERY Syndicate member that has weighed in on the issue has suggested perma-banning at least three members, and some four members, who should know who they are. So you should all check the thin ice and don't step too hard on your PMs or you might slip through the cracks.

The dictator has spoken.
    Quote Originally Posted by WH Press Sec. Tony Snow
    The President is opposed to (actually testing embryos before simply throwing them out), because the president is opposed to murder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Taymelo
    Wait. Throwing them out is not murder, but testing them before throwing them out is murder? WTF, George?

PS: What happens in the Boardroom usually stays in the Boardroom, but for purposes of explaining what Denny did (as the last straw) to warrant a suspension that has been brewing for a while, here it is.

He made a prejudicial statement about the middle east (basically make it all a parking lot, they all kill each other anyway), and I pointed out the outrageousness of his comment by making a similarly outrageous comment "I agree, Denny, we should kill all the black people, too."

He used that as an excuse to be intellectually dishonest, pretend I was saying something racist when he knows I was simply calling HIM racist, etc.

But that's not what got him suspended. No, he couldn't leave well enough alone. It wasn't enough to start fights between posters, he wanted to start a disingenuous argument in the Boardroom, for no other reason than he apparently can't get laid and has no friends.

Here's his Boardroom post.

Quote Originally Posted by Taymelo NOT in the Boardroom
    LMFAO.

No, dumbfuck.

It has everything to do with context, not words.

Black is a word. Do I violate the race policy by saying I'm wearing a black tuxedo tomorrow night?

I know you aren't this stupid, Denny. I know you're just being a contrarian, but quite frankly, I'm getting sick of it.

If you, or anyone else here is too damn stupid to understand WTF's rules, please feel free go away and spend your time frequenting a message board with a race policy you can better understand.

And if you do understand the rules, but are too much of a prick to leave well enough alone and simply enjoy whipping up Anthony and Steve to NEVER give up their claims of persecution and move on for the betterment of the board, then that's another good reason to go away and leave the rest of us at WTF alone.

Either way, you aren't helping anyone or anything but your own sense of joy at starting trouble amongst WTF's posters.
    Quote Originally Posted by New Thread By Denny In The Boardroom
    For future reference, the next time the Syndicte decides to lay down the law on a member because of "words".

I like it how JS closed the thread, disallowing response. How Republican. And no, Taymelo, I don't leave well enough alone. You being a so-called attorney, you should know better than anybody that when there's a "just fight", you NEVER fucking back down. You don't let the judge strong arm you. You don't let the media sway you. If you know what you're doing is right, you keep up the fight.

What you just accomplished in the above paragraph is, perhaps, alter the WTF race policy. What I can do now is reply to anything, and use a racial slur as a non-sequitor, absent of any direct meaning to the topic at hand, or as a limited reference, and get away with it scott free. Right? After all, using a slur in such a way limits it to "just words".

I'm a little surprised at your reaction, but not overly shocked. You seems to be the Jewish version of Pharaoh.

Now, a test -- the above statemtent: was it racist? In it's context, I'm juxtaposing the way you reacted to the way Pharaoh reacts, and stating a fact: that you're Jewish. I'm basically combining a personal observation with a known fact. Nothing really racial about it, context-wise. Word-wise, however, I'm labeling you not as another version of Pharaoh, but a "Jewish" version of Pharaoh. By adding "Jewish" to my opinion, I've segregated you not as a fellow poster, but as a "Jewish" poster. Is that wrong? IMO, it's uncalled for. There's really no reason to label you as Jewish. But, then again, it's merely a descriptive word and, in your opinion, well within the guidelines.

This is one of the main sticky point I have with your argument. It leaves the proverbial door wide open to interpretation. Also, it effectively removes the "zero" from zero tolerance. If the Syndicate is to enforce such a policy, then the Syndicate must first understand it's own policy.

I'm not a dumbfuck, and I'm not being contrarian. Now, as a so-called attorney, I except an equal if not greater response. Without personal attacks. Without Republican spin.

And definitely without a thread lock.
    There you have it. He made a prejudicial statement, and then started an intellectually dishonest argument about some total BS that I rocked the race policy to its core by merely pointing out his prejudicial statements, and then he got all wet, horny and excited, and decided to climax by trying to bait others in the Boardroom to chime in on his fabricated bullshit. That crap won't be tolerated. If you want to see people argue with each other for no reason, go watch NWE wrestling. Its about as real as Denny is when he posts.
    The President is opposed to (actually testing embryos before simply throwing them out), because the president is opposed to murder.
    Wait. Throwing them out is not murder, but testing them before throwing them out is murder? WTF, George?

Damn and I thought Taymelo and Denny were close buds on WTF.

There's been a lot of racial shit in almost all the "other" wtfdetroit groups. Most sport boards are clean but when it comes down to the terrordome or some politcal/religous shit, alot of shit goes down, which is why I mainly stay out of it.

This board is supposed to be fun.
    Word

Me?, Anthony, and Gutz? No way not any more. I'm done with gutz, I'm just gonna ignore him just like all the other posters I've had trouble with in the past, it always works.

Thats just Anthony and Gutz who are fighting back and forth.

Quote Originally Posted by Artis Gilmore
    I'm done with gutz, I'm just gonna ignore him just like all the other posters I've had trouble with in the past, it always works.
    These are words to the wise.

Good work, Steve.

How is it there is all this trouble here and I'm not involved in any of it? I take this as a sign to turn up my pimpin.

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    Can't say I totally agree with this one. But I do understand the need to keep a higher standard to any antics that cross the line. Don't really think he did though. I do disagree with posting what went on in the boardroom. I dont think that was needed.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

However, if he or anyone else EVER comes back from a suspension to act like a martyr, argue their case, drag things on, start up with a Syndicate member, etc., like Anthony has been doing lately, they will be permanently banned, without a vote. Actions by the Syndicate are taken, and then we MOVE ON!!!

PS: This is also a strong hint to Anthony to consider a new sig, stop talking about fried chicken, stop calling Glenn "PC guy" or ANYTHING else, and MOVE ON before he is perma-banned, too.
    I've been done with it. For an entire 2 days.

As for Chicken: It tastes good.

+ Reply to Thread