+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Thumbs up

I just beat the game. The last quest was absolutely unbelievable! WOW, I can't say enough about this game. It was just named "Game of the Year" by G4 at their Gphoria awards show and I couldn't agree more. It's the definition of a CLASSIC.

Total time to complete the entire game-133 hours, 4 minutes, 14 seconds.

"The Forcier is strong with this one." - Boda.

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    Ok it was a slow mess for me. I found mild humor in picking soldiers pockets and have them chase me to death. I stuck with it hoping to find this reward you speak of in playing it. It came as I decided to enter the portal of Oblivion. Its now pretty interesting. Though that asshole who went into the tower with me got his ballsy ass killed charging into battles when I was sneaking up on people ever so smoothly.

One thing I give it credit for. The bodies hardly ever disappear. I've literally got 2 hours deep into the game and found bodies of people I merc'd the a couple days ago.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

look at this caca water, it's disgusting!
    I've played Oblivion, and a very interesting part of the game is keeping NPCs alive so they can come back to help out later. That guy who you meet inside the first Oblivion gate - you can send him back, and he's there to help you avoid getting blew out on the next mission (clearing out the city of Kvatch), which is ironically way harder than clearing out the Oblivion gate.

If you've played the last mission, you also know that many of the Blades, soldiers and town guards you help out earlier in the game come together to help you finish off Mehrunes Dagon if you've managed to keep them from getting killed.

Sounds like I'm fucked. LOL

I'll just have to develop as strategy for that next mission w/o his punk ass. Its his fault though. kept charging through through shit. on the second floor he charged through the door and got some hard iron to the forehead.
    ^

dat fool wuz like "LEEEEROY JENKINS" an shit

I looked that up. damn that was nerdy. It was funnier reading about its origin rather than watching that lame looking game. Had to skip to the last 30 seconds.

But yea he was something like that. Luckily i lived. As his stupidity opened a free shot at the monster. I just found the second oblivion portal. might have been a bad idea to enter. oooppss.
    ^

I watched that "Leroy Jenkins" video about a thousand times when it was first sent to me in 2005.

The thing that's so funny about it is that this horrible, horrible nerds are sitting around doing what they always do, which is overthinking everything and trying to sound smart ("chance of survival is about 23.333 percent...repeating, of course...") I was tearing my hair out going "WHY DOESN'T SOMEONE SMASH THESE FUCKING DORKS' FACES IN????" And then just when I was sure I'd be subjected to someone reciting Rush lyrics or a fucking Monty Python sing-along, drunk-ass Leroy Jenkins comes in to save my sanity by rushing into battle and getting everyone killed. "Alright chumps, times up! LEEEEROY a-JENKINNNNNNS!"

World of Warcraft is a nerd game for nerds and I like it when people die and lose all their gear.

Blog Entries
    I just bought this game on Amazon yesterday. I usually only play sports games (Madden, NBA 2k series), but I was referred to this game by a friend.

A) Will I enjoy it??

and

B) Is it easy to understand?

As long as you don't throw it out after the first hour due to possible beginning confusion, both answers should be yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Wil Ledezma
    I just bought this game on Amazon yesterday. I usually only play sports games (Madden, NBA 2k series), but I was referred to this game by a friend.

A) Will I enjoy it??

and

B) Is it easy to understand?
    Its one of those games that only gets fun after you get into some real missions. It was pussy garbage until i forced myself to play it longer than I ever did before I bought it. Its actually decent now.

Oh anybody know a good strategy on beating 3 people at once in the arena?
    ^

+ Reply to Thread