+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: New Vid Card

rollin through your neighborhood, middle finger up

Talking New Vid Card

kinda off topic but i guess it fits this forum, especially since you guys have helped a bit with getting games to run on my shady nvidia 5200. i finally got a paycheck with a bit to blow so i found a 128mb nvidia 6600 GT that is highly overclockable according to the specific board revision. when im done with it, it will be more like a 6800. i cant wait. hitman blood money here i come

my pc specs will be:
    asus a7n8x-e mobo
    32-bit amd 3200
    1g matched corsair ram
    agp 128mb nvidia 6600 GT OC'd
    80 + 120 SATA HD
    16x dual layer dvd burner

next step, which isnt in the near future, will be 64-bit and pci-e vid card. hopefully in a year or so, but im happy with what i have.

Not a bad system you have going there. You video card was definitely the bottle-neck in your system and it should improve your performance greatly.

Quote Originally Posted by UxKa
    kinda off topic but i guess it fits this forum, especially since you guys have helped a bit with getting games to run on my shady nvidia 5200. i finally got a paycheck with a bit to blow so i found a 128mb nvidia 6600 GT that is highly overclockable according to the specific board revision. when im done with it, it will be more like a 6800. i cant wait. hitman blood money here i come

my pc specs will be:
    asus a7n8x-e mobo
    32-bit amd 3200
    1g matched corsair ram
    80 + 120 SATA HD

next step, which isnt in the near future, will be 64-bit and pci-e vid card. hopefully in a year or so, but im happy with what i have.

Nice. As soon as I can find a job, i'm either going to build my own PC, or i'm buying a Mac. I'm leaning tward the mac though.

What program do you use to burn DVD's. I cant find one that works fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony

my pc specs will be:
    asus a7n8x-e mobo
    32-bit amd 3200
    1g matched corsair ram
    80 + 120 SATA HD

Nice. As soon as I can find a job, i'm either going to build my own PC, or i'm buying a Mac. I'm leaning tward the mac though.

Copyrighted and protected DVDs? If that's the case just throw me a PM and I can help you out.
    Last edited by Comrade; 07-01-2006 at 10:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony

my pc specs will be:
    asus a7n8x-e mobo
    32-bit amd 3200
    1g matched corsair ram
    80 + 120 SATA HD

youre much better off building a pc if you have the knowhow. ive saved tons of money over the years just upgrading a bit here and there, and i pretty much always have a fast pc. if you ever want any help with that just let me know, im pretty familiar with all the parts and brands etc. im not a big mac fan, but they are good if you are doing multimedia stuff. i play a lot of games so i stick to pc.

i use alcohol 120% for copying and images, and nero for burning files.

my new vid card, specifically, is the BFG 6600 GT. ebayed it for $100 with 3-year warranty from seller and lifetime warranty from BFG. im gonna have to install a few slightly older games so i can crank the graphics and spooge on my pc, quake 4, doom 3... fap fap fap lol.

Thanks. I think i'll go with a mac, since i'm more into media (webpages, video, graphics).

Thanks for all the help

ya for media mac is the way to go. i work on some music here n there on the pc but its not the easiest. i have a friend in graphic design who uses a mac but is a pc user like myself, and he says mac is great for media. (sales pitch: if yall want any silkscreening done let me know and ill ask him, thats his job)

ok, sorry, I dont mean to keep throwing your thread even more OT, but what is skillscreening?

basically making t-shirt designs and putting them on the shirt.

update:

got the new vid card in today... nVidia AGP BFG 128MB 6600GT OC, replacing the nVidia AGP 256MB 5200FX. abolutely insane upgrade, sad that i waited this long. almost every game i own (doom 3, quake 4, tiger woods 2006, F.E.A.R.) went from graphics mostly down at 800x600 to graphics all the way up at 1024x768... im just playing with AF and AA now, 8x and 8x or 8x 4x or 4x 4x. the only game that didnt go quite that well was Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion. i still have oblivion cranked but had to cut back more on the AF and AA. ive been building my own pc for a good 7 or 8 years now but never have i noticed such an upgrade from just the vid card, or any single part. anyone stuck in the previous gen vid cards, i highly recommend upgrading. like i said, as an experienced somewhat jaded pc guy, im totally amazed especially for just $100. im soooo happy

pc specs:
    asus a7n8x-e mobo
    amd 32-bit 3200 cpu
    nvidia bfg 128mb 6600gt OC
    1g corsair ram
    SATA 80gb + 120gb HD
    16x dvd/rw

+ Reply to Thread