+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Official Wimbledon Thread

Official Wimbledon Thread

Any tennis fans out there?

Out of all the four majors, nothing is like Wimbledon. The whole atmosphere is better than any of the other majors, as long as you like traditional tennis.

Who's going to win this year? Can Federer be beat on Grass? Can Roddick escape the first or second round this year? Will Blake continue to improve?

Discuss.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

Roddick is a joke. Is he still letting his brother "coach" him? Dude needs a backhand and a mental game that says more than "Hulk smash". Its a joke how he squanders the physical gifts he's been given. Blake is the only hope in the present for American men's tennis. Neither one wins however as Federer takes his 4th (?) Wimbledon title.
    STEW BEEF!

I'll probably watch because I'm a huge Federer and Williams(both) fan. Unfortunately, it looks like the weather will be kicking the tennis fans in the face this year.

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    fuck federer. Nadal needs to ntake over the grass courts. The kid has fire and intensity and an amazing skill to hit accurate returns on any fucked up shot you throw at him.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

Unless Nadal develops a better net game, I don't see him ever winning in Wimbledon. Nadal's main strength is his speed, thus the reason he is so good on Clay. Grass is much more of a power and placement game, which is why Federer is winning and why Petey won so many of them.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

Bye bye Blake.

Also Nadal had to pull out the last 3 sets of a 5 set match (the first in a tie break) to beat some Craker Von Nobody.
    STEW BEEF!

Welcome to Detroit...Oregon. Home to Detroit Lake and nothing else.
    Haven't watched much...pissed me off. Saw a little of Sharapova/Dementieva and my volume control nearly broke.

basketball needs streakers like wimbledon

Blog Entries
    What is Bud Collins up to these days?
    Find a new slant.

Federer vs Nadal...........again.

R-Fed is the 1st person in the open era to compete in five consecutive Grand Slam finals.

I'm banking on Federer beating Nadal in straight sets, maybe four. He's unbeatable on grass.

+ Reply to Thread