+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Report: Ex-Duke star Redick arrested for DWI

Report: Ex-Duke star Redick arrested for DWI

J.J. Redick, a likely first-round pick in this month's NBA draft, was arrested for driving while impaired early Tuesday and has was released on $1,000 bond, a Raleigh-Durham, N.C., television station reported.

WTVD, citing a police report, said that Redick was arrested at 1:03 a.m. in Durham, N.C., after the former Duke star made an illegal U-turn to avoid a police checkpoint.

The television station reported that Redick is scheduled to appear in a Durham court on July 17.

The NBA draft is scheduled June 28 in New York City. How an arrest will affect Redick's draft status is unclear, though it may not hurt it, according to ESPN.com's Andy Katz.

"I think that these things hurt anybody's draft status," an Eastern Conference GM, who wanted to remain anonymous, told Katz. "They do in my eyes. I take these things seriously. That's too bad."

Redick had previously pulled out of scheduled workouts with Orlando and Boston this week. Previously, he had worked out for Golden State, Utah, Houston and Seattle.

Among the teams reportedly interested in Redick is Houston, which has the No. 8 pick.

Redick, who won the 2006 Wooden Award as the nation's top college player, shot 47 percent from the field, 42 percent from 3-point range and 85 percent from the free throw line in leading Duke to a 32-4 record. He finished his career with 2,769 points and 457 3-pointers.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2...ory?id=2482061

Woooo what a muthafuckin winner!!

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    In his case, DWI=Driving White Idiotic

Not only does he have no game, but he's also an idiot.

Fucking hick.

He and Big Ben, there's a "stupid Hick" bug going around.

Okay.... anybody's guess -- the hick in MLB who's about to kick the career bucket to make this a sports trifecta? Is Grimsley a hick?

He blew .11
    legal Limit in Carolina is .08

so basically he had 3-4 beers over the course of 3 hours or so and would have been mentally sober , but have enough trace alcohol in his system to blow over

just a plain stupid move to turn around and avoid a Police checkpoint....
    Kelly Youngblood: Don't take any shit from them Canucks. To them,
    you're just another wetback, crossing the border to play their game.
    Dean Youngblood: They'll never catch me!
    Kelly Youngblood: Oh, they'll catch you.

Blog Entries
    With such a low BAL and a 1st offense, I give him a bit of a pass on this, no pass next time.

LOL, I say that like he's concerned about how we feel about this issue.
    Find a new slant.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony
    I really hate that fag
    Word

Welcome to Detroit...Oregon. Home to Detroit Lake and nothing else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Mxy
    In his case, DWI=Driving White Idiotic
    LMAO

DraftExpress.com - Duke senior J.J. Redick failed a physical at the NBA pre-draft camp in Orlando and will be out for an extended period with a back problem that may require surgery, according to a source with close NBA contacts.
    Hm...

+ Reply to Thread