Page 1 of 4
1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Roethlisberger injured in motorcycle crash

Blog Entries

Roethlisberger injured in motorcycle crash

FUCK!!

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...v=ap&type=lgns

Roethlisberger injured in motorcycle crash

PITTSBURGH (AP) -- Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger was injured in a motorcycle crash Monday morning and taken to a hospital.
    "He was alert and conscious," said Ernie Roman, shift commander for the Allegheny County emergency service.

Steelers Dave Lockett, outside Mercy Hospital, confirmed the accident but did not provide additional details.

In only his second year in the NFL, Roethlisberger helped guide the Steelers to the Super Bowl championship last season.

Calls to Roethlisberger's agent, Leigh Steinberg, were not immediately returned.

The 24-year-old Roethlisberger has said in the past that he prefers not to wear a helmet when riding his motorcycle. He has pointed out Pennsylvania's 35-year-old state law requiring helmets to be worn was amended to make helmets optional.

In May 2005, Steelers coach Bill Cowher lectured Roethlisberger on the dangers of riding without a helmet.

"He talked about being a risk-taker and I'm not really a risk-taker. I'm pretty conservative and laid back, but the big thing is to just be careful," Roethlisberger said at the time. "I'll just continue to be careful. I told him we don't ever ride alone, we always ride in a group of people, and I think it makes it even more safe."
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    http://kdka.com/topstories/local_story_163114722.html

Big Ben Injured In Motorcycle Accident

Pittsburgh Steelers Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger is being treated at Mercy Hospital this afternoon after a motorcycle accident on Second Avenue near the 10th Street Bridge.

Eyewitnesses tell KDKA that Roethlisberger had a green light and was headed eastbound when a car turned into his path around 11:30am.

Witnesses say he flew over the handlebars and struck his head on the windshield of the car.

According to witnesses, Roethlisberger was not wearing a helmet and appeared to have head and facial injuries.

The witness tells KDKA he said his name was Ben and he seemed groggy.

Officials are not yet commenting on his condition; but Pittsburgh Police Lieutenant Kevin Kraus says city police are investigating the accident -- as they do any accident involving "critical" injuries.

The driver of the car -- which had Maine license plates -- left the scene with police officers.

At this point, it's not clear if any charges will be filed.
    Last edited by Glenn; 06-12-2006 at 01:30 PM.
    Find a new slant.

I'm Varsity chump. You're J.V.
    WOOOOW. Kellen, you've been trumped..Ben was what? A year from a huge extension?

Blog Entries
    The scary part is that ESPN is saying that "the injuries do not appear to be life threatening". Sounds like it's pretty bad if that needs to be said at all.

From a football perspective, I hope they have better plans than Charlie Batch. Omar Jacobs? DANGER DANGER!
    Find a new slant.

serious but stable condition...headed into surgery.

early word...lacerations, broken jaw, lost most teeth and worst of all...severley injured both Knees. Plastic surgeon in on surgery.

:P

Oh my God... That's terrible.

Blog Entries
    One of my favorite players, but what a fucking idiot.

He should be glad he got his ring and that he's alive to remember it.

He very well might be done if things are as bad as they sound.
    Last edited by Glenn; 06-12-2006 at 04:02 PM.
    Find a new slant.

There should have been a law requiring him to wear a helmet.

I'm relieved. He actually survived this. His career might be over, but that's almost a given in motorcycles collisions. He's alive, and that makes him one lucky bastard.

That fuckin sucks...make Polomalu the QB now...please, anybody but beeotch.

+ Reply to Thread