+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The Post Where The Liberal Sounds Conservative?

Syndicate Emeritus, Site Co-Founder Taymelo's Avatar
    Did I mention the Dixie Chicks?

Republicans actually almost destroyed their career, for a single statement made about GWB.

They were blackballed from Clear Channel stations, and villified by Clear Channel's on air personalities, all b/c Clear Channel = pro Bush. And now they are hated by millions of rednecks who have been brainwashed into thinking they personally insulted them, as opposed to saying a single anti-Bush statement.

PS: Herm, you're absolutely right.

I've got an idea. Perhaps the democrats should hire the republicans as campaign managers to get elected, and once the republicans help them gain office, they undo everything GWB has done in the last several years, and try to bring the country back to the glory days, when our biggest problem was whether a blowjob or cigar fucking constitutes "sexual relations".
    Quote Originally Posted by WH Press Sec. Tony Snow
    The President is opposed to (actually testing embryos before simply throwing them out), because the president is opposed to murder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Taymelo
    Wait. Throwing them out is not murder, but testing them before throwing them out is murder? WTF, George?

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar

Republicans actually almost destroyed their career, for a single statement made about GWB.
    Yup. And when your base consists largely of Republicans, that's what's gonna happen to you when you're critical of their icons on their home turf.

They were blackballed from Clear Channel stations, and villified by Clear Channel's on air personalities, all b/c Clear Channel = pro Bush.
    Nope... it was Cumulus and Cox who banned them, not all of Clear Channel. Yes, some Clear Channel-owned stations banned them, based on the market the station served. Other Clear Channel stations in other markets profited off the controversy, though. Overall, despite the bans in some markets, the Dixie Chicks had their biggest airplay ever by Clear Channel in the weeks after the controversy. I remember hearing lots of their inferior cover of Landslide. Clear Channel's Republican friendly, but they're opportunists first, and that's one of the reasons they're the big dick on campus.

And now they are hated by millions of rednecks who have been brainwashed into thinking they personally insulted them, as opposed to saying a single anti-Bush statement.
    Yup. That's how it goes when your base thinks differently than you. Is it right? No. I get irked at people who can't enjoy the music solely due to the political beliefs of the singer.

I've got an idea. Perhaps the democrats should hire the republicans as campaign managers to get elected,
    I have a better idea. Perhaps the Democrats should grow a pair somewhere. It should take about two seconds to defuse good ol' Dick DeVos... throw Amway economics in his face, say "is this the way you want your government to be run?". Heck, for bonus points from the hoops fans, remind people that he used to own and run the fucking Orlando Tragic and was dumb enough to give up on Shaq in his prime. It takes balls, though, and most Democrats are playing it super-safe hoping that the Republicans defuse themselves come election time.

The Amway attack adds are on the way MXY. Granholm is saving them so thats the freshest wound come election day.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Mxy
    Yup. And when your base consists largely of Republicans, that's what's gonna happen to you when you're critical of their icons on their home turf.
    BTW, I'd expect exactly the same attack if someone outed themselves as a Republican to a largely-Democratic base. I just want to be clear that I'm not indicting Republicans, not over that. But damn it was awfully dumb of them to diss Dubya when most of their fans and distribution networks supported him (especially back then).

+ Reply to Thread