+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6
1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: U.S. airstrike kills Al Qaeda leader, al-Zarqawi

U.S. airstrike kills Al Qaeda leader, al-Zarqawi

Al-Zarqawi's death gives Iraq a chance to "turn the tide" in the fight against the nation's insurgency, President Bush said at the White House.

"The ideology of terror has lost one of its most visible and aggressive leaders," Bush said. "Zarqawi's death is a severe blow to al Qaeda."

"Zarqawi personally beheaded American hostages and other civilians in Iraq," Bush said. "Now Zarqawi has met his end and this violent man will never murder again."

Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld said al-Zarqawi's death will have "worldwide" effects. "Let there be no doubt the fact that he is dead is a significant victory in the battle against terrorism in that country, and I would say worldwide because he had interests well outside of Iraq."
    http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/...awi/index.html

Blog Entries
    I'm happy that we have one more dead terrorist, but on the same token, the terrorists now have one more martyr.

Sadly, I think this news is pretty much meaningless, except for how it will attempted to be used for political gain. I mean, how difficult is it going to be for one of his umpteen lieutenants to step into his place? Not very.

I suppose it might make our troops feel a little better about why they are over there, at least temporarily.
    Find a new slant.

I hope that piece of shit died a painful death. Hopefully a wall fell on him and cut both of his legs off and he had to sit there looking at them for a couple of hours while he blead to death or something.

Good, I hope that son of a bitch rots in the deepest darkest pits of hell.

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony
    Good, I hope that son of a bitch rots in the deepest darkest pits of hell.
    damn is this the Flip Saunders thread?
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

"I don't know that I'm ever not gonna want to play."
    Word to your Moms....we came to drop bombs.

I'll take the optimistic viewpoint and hope this success will to more success's.

It's now up to psy ops to generate interest in the notion that the effort is officially over, with the "masterminds" all dead and only hack lieutenents now running the show, or, generate interest in a NEW faction that's really a CIA front, and massacre the new followers when the numbers are high enough.

Just saying....

getting OT on the OT, but who here would support using torture on terrorrists? since they obviously abide by no formal treaties or conventions, why should we?

tahoe's post is why im bringing this up.

+ Reply to Thread