+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Current status and future plans for Delk, Amir & Acker

Blog Entries

Current status and future plans for Delk, Amir & Acker

Just wondering what you guys think the threshold is for Joe as far as re-signing T.Delk.

I would think nothing more than 2 years, but I'm not sure what kind of salary we're talking about.

I think his play with us in the regular season has earned him more than the vet's minimum (either from us, or from someone else).

I just wonder if another team will try and grab him, or if he will want to stick around. If there really is turmoil in the lockerroom, he may want to get the hell out of here.

I wonder if he has talked to Lindsey? If Lindsey retires, Delk would seemingly have a shot at the #2 PG spot, although it sounds like Joe is planning on bringing someone else in too. And then there is Acker...

I know that Joe has his mind set on acquiring a PG that can really penetrate, but can we afford one, and how many of those quality PGs are available and willing to play backup minutes?
    Last edited by Glenn; 06-07-2006 at 03:24 PM.
    Find a new slant.

It depends on other moves IMO. If he is the primary backup PG, I would say 2 years for 5-6 mil total. If Hunter is back and/or Delfino is goomed to be a backup PG/SG and/or we trade for a backup PG in some senario...then he isn't worth that much probably.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

I would rather play out my hand in every other area and if there's some crumbs for Delk to pick up then so be it.

Personally, I really have no use for Delk. He's an undersized SG that isn't that good at playing the point. I rather give Acker his spot in all honesty and search for another FA guard or use DelFino at the 2.

Blog Entries
    Really?

I think he provided some really nice scoring punch off the bench (which is our co-#1 need this offseason, along with post offense) and he played adequate defense.

The fact that he chose to come here over Miami and other teams might garner him some credit from Joe as well.

I think he's a very good 8th man, and if we totally leave him in the lerch, somebody's going to grab him.

I haven't seen anything from Acker that would tell me that he's got a roster spot in his immediate future here.
    Find a new slant.

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    delk is irrelevent IMO. i say go for something better. if joe is serioes about his super 8, he'll move on and go for an almost starter quality guy instead of delk.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

I actually like him, but I'm more in favor of using Delfino at first and having Delk as a fallback option when Delfino can't hit his shots. I wouldn't take Acker over Delk, that is for sure.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Blog Entries
    It's been a while since I looked at this, but can someone refresh my memory on Amir Johnson & Alex Acker's contract status?

Patricia Bender's page has "??"s and Hoopshype's got "$0" for both.

I seem to remember some misinformation being out there about Acker having a 2 year guaranteed deal, it's all so fuzzy right now.

Do we actually have Amir locked up?

(p.s. I'm going to change the thread title to include these guys)
    Find a new slant.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    It's been a while since I looked at this, but can someone refresh my memory on Amir Johnson & Alex Acker's contract status?

Patricia Bender's page has "??"s and Hoopshype's got "$0" for both.

I seem to remember some misinformation being out there about Acker having a 2 year guaranteed deal, it's all so fuzzy right now.

Do we actually have Amir locked up?

(p.s. I'm going to change the thread title to include these guys)
    I believe Johnson has a team option at the minimum, which we're almost sure to pick up, and Acker is a restricted free agent.

Here's a good link for team free agents:
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2441631

problem is Flip plays Delk at the 2, thus making Lindsey our primary backup AND pulling even more minutes away from Delfino.

Lindsey is good in spurts/situational, but I dont want him as our primary PG backup. Either Flip needs to be made to understand this or Delk should be cut loose and another PG picked up, with Delfino manning the 2 spot.

Keep Amir, Delk and Acker I could care less about.

Delk would be outstanding in a fred hoiberg role, but we'd need an effective slasher or inside scorer for him to play off of.

+ Reply to Thread