+ Reply to Thread
Page 62 of 155
FirstFirst ... 12 52 60 61 62 63 64 72 112 ... LastLast

Thread: Official WTFDetroit Movie Review Thread

Blog Entries
    Not to brag or anything, but yes.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    I watched Blood Car over the weekend as well. Gas prices are $30+/gallon. A young vegan inventor discovers that he can use blood as an alternative fuel, then goes psycho killing people. There's exceedingly-archetypical "good girl" and "bad girl" cuties that want him, one because he has a car, the other because of his nerdy vegan body. And the government is involved. It's an indie film. I'm not exactly sure if I liked it or not, but it's definitely interesting. If you're looking for something "different" that's still mostly understandable and not a lot of pretentious crap, you could do worse. I think it would have worked better as almost a stage play or something, and I'd love to see the title recirculated for a straight-up "alternative fuel horror movie".

I wish I knew where to find these not-so-well known movies talked about on here. The local Blockbuster usually doesn't have that stuff.
    _

I watched Dan in Real Life at the dollar shows. It was pretty good (worth a rental). I expected it to be a regular comedy, but it was kindof a drama/comedy mix. Funny enough for the guys and sappy enough for your lady.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zekyl
    I wish I knew where to find these not-so-well known movies talked about on here. The local Blockbuster usually doesn't have that stuff.
    I pay Netflix $ to be my friend. I look for the new weekly releases.

Netflix is pretty nice. I made good use of that one winter a couple years ago. They are really speedy too. If you have the 2 at a time package (for 15 bucks), you'll have 2 DVD's every 3 days (if you watch them that fast). Of course you can have them longer, but to maximize your money that's pretty fast turnaround.

It worked very well when I wanted to see shows that have lots of discs. I started watching 24 at the beginning of season 4, so I watched the first 3 seasons thru netflix pretty quickly.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Once I get a new job, I'll look into that.
    _

I have not seen it nor do I expect to, but is there a movie that looks worse than "One Missed Call?"

I think most movies look awful nowadays, but that one looks amazingly bad.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

^^I tend to agree.

I'm with you guys. Just some stupid crap being put out these days, and that one looks even worse than usual.
    _

+ Reply to Thread