+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 155
FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 65 105 ... LastLast

Thread: Official WTFDetroit Movie Review Thread

Michael Clayton couldn't hold my attention. It may have been great if I wasn't already a bit tired when I went to see it, but its not something to go see unless you're wide awake. The beginning lost me, the ending was actually really good, everything in the middle was just boring. That's what happens when you get 3 guys together that want to go see an action flick, then one of them decides to invite a girl along that he wants to get with and lets her pick the movie.

rollin through your neighborhood, middle finger up
    'Planet Terror'. Fucking awesome. Dont have much more to say than that.

'Wrong Turn 2'. Now I knew this was going to be bad, but I thought it wouldn't be a complete waste of my time. It was.

Rush hour 3 was a complete disappointment. I heard the horrible reviews and yes it wasn't that good. All good thigns must come to an end,

Blog Entries
    Watched "The Good Shepherd" over the past three nights (about an hour a night, it's long).

If you are sharp with your history, which I am not, it's probably more interesting. For an overtired, non "history of the CIA" buff, it was a little complicated at times.

I thought Matt Damon did a nice job, but they did a poor job of creating enough of a difference in his appearance when they kept jumping from the 1930's to the 1960's. He looked pretty much the same over that time period (as did Jolie), which added to the confusion for me. It was odd to see him playing the father of a 19-20 year old that could have passed for his younger brother.

Deniro directed it and has a bit part, but I was hoping for more Bobby and more Alec Baldwin and less, um, people I don't know.
    Last edited by Glenn; 10-30-2007 at 04:33 PM.
    Find a new slant.

I agree Glenn. It was long and slow and the main character's isolated nature that alienated him from his wife and his son didn't help the audience (i.e. me) attach to him.
    STEW BEEF!

Blog Entries
    Just watched 'Mighty Ducks' on Encore, I saw it like 10 years ago when I was 9, but Emilio Estavez is still probably the only guy that can pull off the role of a pee-wee hockey coach...

Gotta love Goldberg too

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    I finally got around to watching Slither.

It's not insanely great. It's not super-funny (though some of the DVD extras are a hoot). It's only scary if you find, say, the effects of the movie Men In Black scary. It's not about snakes, or anything terrestrial for that matter. But, if you want an enjoyable "check your brain at the door for an hour and a half and eat popcorn" kind of film, this will do quite nicely.

just saw the movie running scared

so the movie wasn't too bad, the action was fucking good and Paul WAlker acts better here than in the fast and the furious.

"Boewulf" comes out today. The review in my newspaper said something about nudity.
    Could it possibly be?

Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

It wouldn't be her first time.

+ Reply to Thread