+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 155
FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 103 153 ... LastLast

Thread: Official WTFDetroit Movie Review Thread

rollin through your neighborhood, middle finger up
    I thought the Simpsons movie was a lil weak compared to the show, even if has dropped off but not for 7-8 years.

LaBeouf Announces New Indy Title at VMAs
    Sept. 10, 2007, 1:24 PM EST

The title of the new "Indiana Jones" movie, directed by Steven Spielberg and starring Harrison Ford, has been revealed.

"Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull" will be in theaters May 22, 2008.

The title of the long-awaited fourth installment of the adventure series was announced by Shia LaBeouf, who co-stars with Ford in the film, at the MTV Video Music Awards in Las Vegas on Sunday.

The new Indy adventure, which is set in the 1950s, also stars Cate Blanchett, Ray Winstone, John Hurt, Jim Broadbent and Karen Allen.

Sean Connery, who played dad to Ford's globe-trotting archaeologist in 1989's "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade," will not reprise the role in the new movie.

The series began in 1981 with "Raiders of the Lost Ark," followed by "Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom" in 1984.

In promotional photos, the 65-year-old Ford appears fit as ever.

"I have to say, he looks amazing," Kathleen Kennedy, the film's co-executive producer, along with George Lucas, told The Associated Press in July. "He looks fantastic in the outfit."
    I found myself gritting my teeth like Polanco when I read this.

Please tell me LaBeouf plays short round......

3:10 to Yuma.......not as good as I had hoped. I just didn't buy Crowe being a bad guy. I'll give this movie a "fairly good" rating.

Last Crusade was made in the 80s? Wow.
    STEW BEEF!

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    Go see Big Bad Swim.

No, it's not T&A on the beach like the DVD cover implies (though the lead actresses are hotties in my book).

Yes, it's an excellent charming little indie dramedy.

Saw the Hitcher the other day. Not really a scary movie, just some psycho motherfucker trying to kill 2 people on the road. Fucking overused plot. It was a little suspensful, girl was hot, but shit ending...

I also saw disturbia finally. The trailer showed most of the suspenseful parts imo, which in the end, didn't scare me at all. Also, fucking shit end to it.

Master Of The Flying Guillotine is a FUCKING KICK-ASS movie for anyone who appreciates classic kung fu movies! I hadn't seen it in 20-25 years until about a week ago, and it was like "ahhh, THIS is what must-see TV is all about". The old bad guy with the flying guillotine wearing the swastika -- awesome!

Another movie worth seeing just to hear kick-ass little stories is Champion, pretty much Danny Trejo's autobiography. The editing is a little amateur and spotty, but basically whenever Danny talks, it's all good:

Last edited by Uncle Mxy; 09-29-2007 at 10:34 AM.

Lucky you, good poker movie. I thought it was pretty deep and it wasn't some pointless shit.

Kovak Box sucked. I saw a decent premise and 6 stars with a few hundred reviewers on IMDB and figured I'd give it a rental. Bad people put a chip in people's heads that makes them suicidal when a song called "Gloomy Sunday" is played, based off a story by a science fiction writer (played laconically by Timothy Hutton) who's co-opted into doing the biography of the evil weird genius who did this. The premise was good, but the execution sucks.

Air Guitar Nation is awesome. Imagine a Christopher Guest mockumentary, then imagine the participants are not mocking actors, but actual entrants in the Air Guitar world championships in Finland, and just be awed. Sure, it's a little cheesy, but it's a whole lot of fun. Watching it makes me want to play real guitar, which is weird because apart from some simple bar chords (Louie, Louie), I can't play and don't own a guitar. Highly recommended.

1408 anyone?

Its gotta be worth the rental price, right?
    Players meeting my ASS!

+ Reply to Thread