+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 155
FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 60 100 150 ... LastLast

Thread: Official WTFDetroit Movie Review Thread

Blog Entries
    Rented Mike Judge's "Idiocracy" this weekend with high expectations (I'm a big Office Space and Beavis/Butthead fan). Luke Wilson is okay, so I thought it might be good.

It was one of the most god awful 15 minutes of movie that I've ever seen. That's how long it took to turn it off.

Please do what is right and avoid this film.
    Find a new slant.

look at this caca water, it's disgusting!
    I was so excited when that movie came out - I love Mike Judge. But it was a huge disappointment, and I'm not sure if it's because the movie was supposed to be filled with that much stupidity or not, but this I know: no one wants to see a movie that's this stupid for this long.

pleasantly surprised by 'lord of war'. i usually hate nicholas cage but this was a decent film. nothing i'd watch repeatedly but it was a decent movie.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    you definately have to see the first 2. They are great movies for sure. Perhaps you didn't enjoy this one as much because of that (don't know, I haven't seen the new one yet).
    What I meant is that you may want to re-watch them if you haven't seen them recently. I saw the first two when they came to DVD, but that was awhile ago. Ultimatum spend a lot of time flashing back to events from the second movie in particular, almost to the point of distraction.

And, as for the Idiocracy negativity:
    Last edited by Uncle Mxy; 08-06-2007 at 07:30 PM.

I just watched them a couple weeks ago, so I am primed for the new one.

BTW, I rented the Pristege and it was decent, but the sound was the worst I have EVER seen. The music was really loud and the talking was really soft. I could barely hear them talking most of the movie. It really pissed me off. Even if you turned it up that didn't help because the music drowned out the talking. And my wife said the same thing, so I know it wasn't just my ears. Did anyone else experience this?

also, you fooled me Mxy. I thought your clip was the "um yeah, I'm just not sure about that right now"
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

I watched the Prestige on DVD with some friends and the sound wasn't a problem that I recall.
    STEW BEEF!

go see knocked up if its out in the theaters or in tvlinks but mother of fuck its a great movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Fool
    I watched the Prestige on DVD with some friends and the sound wasn't a problem that I recall.
    It was probably the DVD then. We rented another movie from there and there were parts were the audio went out completely. I'm not going back to the local movie store again.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Saw Bourne Ultimatum last night. The flashbacks to the 2 previous movies aren't of obscure scenes so I didn't have the same problem with it that Mxy had. I liked it and it was good to see some closure to the story. My only problem with the series is probably its main strength. It sticks with the same formula so tightly that you know coming in exactly what you are getting. The bad parts to that are very little dialogue, a new female love interest who will suddenly help Bourne for no reason other than "women are sappy and fall in love easily", a story built on the audience's lack of knowledge so its easier to steer the plot (my main beef right there), new executive bad guy, new executive bad guy's boss who is the real bad guy, a CIA that is apparently incapable of getting anything done, in fighting between good CIA and bad CIA, running/car chases that are overly long and only somewhat cool to fill the lack of story. The good parts are quick action, easily followable storyline (since they give you almost no information to get sidetracked on), a movie that isn't bogged down with uneeded dialogue, personal drama, or false plot leads.

In the end I wasn't given enough story throughout the series to care about Bourne enough to over look the fact that the movie's plot was so thin. It was decent though.

Something certainly notable about this one was that Bourne not only looks a lot older than the first (Damon getting old and a bit thick?) but he gets torn up more as well. I actually really liked seeing him get his but kicked a little before pulling things off. Very anti-James Bond.
    STEW BEEF!

look at this caca water, it's disgusting!
    Saw "Superbad" on Monday night. Pretty funny movie, but flawed. Not enough Michael Cera, too much of the two dumb cops, but the squeaky little dork Fogle (aka "McLovin") fuckin put this movie in his pocket and walked away with it. He was awesome.

+ Reply to Thread