+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 155
FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 93 143 ... LastLast

Thread: Official WTFDetroit Movie Review Thread

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    Schlock! The Secret History of American Movies is a very good serious (but not overwhelmingly so) documentary about some of the history of 50-60s-era exploitation industry. "Some" means snippets of all of the living people like Roger Corman, Vampira, and Sam Arkoff that the director could get his hands on, in conjunction with cool snippets from various exploitation films reflective of various sub-genres. If Reefer Madness and a little 50-60s-era nudity and gore is your bag, this is a worthwhile rental.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    Note that the above is definitely not kid-friendly viewing and has stuff that might surprise you, which is sort of the point.

Saw the new Die Hard a few days ago. It was pretty solid. Good action, good acting, good storyline. Nothing amazing but worth seeing.

Went to see Ratatoulle with the girlfriend (she's got a thing for Pixar movies). Pretty good for a kid movie. Had its funny parts. Could be good for taking the girlfriend/wife to.

rollin through your neighborhood, middle finger up
    I saw 300 finally. It was a lot better than I expected. Although not historically accurate (aside from the 'monsters' and exceptionally huge animals) it was good. Ill give it a 7.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Mxy
    I'm leery of Evan Almighty because it's being marketed specifically to the church-going types. Steve Carell does make me laugh, though, and he stole plenty of scenes in the Ron Burgundy movie(s). God should've been recast -- Ron Jeremy would be ideal if he weren't coaching the Tragic.

I saw Evan Almighty, it was a good movie, not as good as Bruce Almighty was though...

it had a John Goodman sighting too!!!

Probably a movie worth seeing in the cheap show...

Blog Entries
    I saw Blades of Glory w/ my girlfriend last night at the cheap show (macomb mall) also...

i've seen it twice now...funny ass movie...

I hear that Transformers is a pretty sick movie too. I'm going to end up watching it this week, anyone watch it?

No, but I would like to see it this week...

I just watched Garden State for the first time. Pretty cool flick. 8.3/10.

i doubt i ever get my self to watch garden state.

im watching "in her shoes" right now on hbo (muted). looks like a crappy movie, but cameron diaz struts around 1/2 naked for most of the movie and is unbelievable.

wowzers i used to think she was overrated. no more!

Finally someone agrees with me about Cameron. She gets better with age.
    Destiny

+ Reply to Thread