+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 155
FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 52 92 142 ... LastLast

Thread: Official WTFDetroit Movie Review Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Mich & Tele
    Come on Zip, what are you gonna do? The guy took the role of a retard and polished that turd into comedy gold.

It's basically just Ralphie Wiggum from the Simpsons. "I ated the purple berries and they taste like burning."
    I'll give it up to you Mich. You've got a serious set of brains and a solid sense of humor. And I'll admit that killing a guy with a trident was pretty funny.
    It's just that, well, Fred Willard was also in that movie, and between him and Paul Ruud, I didn't have time to give Carell his proper due. BTW, Anchorman is the best movie of all time.
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

look at this caca water, it's disgusting!
    High-five on the Fred Willard note. He's been fantastic since Real People was on the air.

United 93 anyone? Really sad movie. Beginning was so fucking boring but later it was pretty intense. I've become so into 9/11 after it had passed watching alot of clips about what really happened, conspiracies etc.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    Come on Zip, what are you gonna do? The guy took the role of a retard and polished that turd into comedy gold.

It's basically just Ralphie Wiggum from the Simpsons. "I ated the purple berries and they taste like burning."
    Check out "Wake Up, Ron Burgundy: The Lost Movie", the outtake plotlines of Ron Burgundy rearranged into a brand new movie on the two-disc Anchorman DVD. You find out that he's a Vietnam vet who's shell-shocked into idiocy, but his "vet" self comes out when they have to plan a raid. Funny, funny stuff. The movie doesn't *quite* stand on its own IMO, but as a companion piece to Anchorman, there's a ton of top notch stuff.

So you know when you are watching American Beauty and

and Kevin Spacey are at home and Spacey is coming on to

and she goes into that whispery voice and is all "There happens to be a lot about me that you don't know, Mr. Smarty Man."

Do you ever think that's the voice she uses to get

all aroused?

I think it is too. And I think its awkward that I know what gets

excited.
    STEW BEEF!

look at this caca water, it's disgusting!
    I put Warren Beatty and Paul Newman in the same category these days. They're both always shuffling around like, "huh? What?" Same with Harrison Ford. I know movie heroes get old like everyone else, but these 3 guys have just gone absolutely senile before their time.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    I put Warren Beatty and Paul Newman in the same category these days. They're both always shuffling around like, "huh? What?" Same with Harrison Ford. I know movie heroes get old like everyone else, but these 3 guys have just gone absolutely senile before their time.
    Newman raced at the Daytona at age 80. To whatever extent he may be getting a little long in the tooth, he's not senile before his time.

I first got turned onto Paul Newman by one of my all-time favorite movies, The Verdict. Whenever I see it on TV, I want to watch it until the end even though I have it on videotape somewhere, because the end is just SO worth it. It has compelling David Mamet dialogue, and Paul Newman is in top form! If you're a fan of classic legal drama, this one is for you.

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    Hitman for Moodini
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

Live Free or Die Hard starts today........

BooYah!

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutz Gatsu
    Hitman for Moodini
    OH FUCK YES!!!

And my friends are spending this afternoon drinking and when I get out of work I'm picking them up and DDing for them. The plan is to take them to see the new Die Hard. Should be interesting.

+ Reply to Thread